LinkWithin

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Once Upon a Time

There was this girl who had the time of her life in the Sunshine State. Sometimes in the middle of an ordinary day memories of Florida seep into my thoughts. I'll happen when I hear a Jack Johnson song. When I smell J'adore perfume.
*Me Spring Break 2006

Or when I get a postcard from the lovely Lauren of Letters She Wrote.

When I joined postcrossing I couldn't wait until I got a postcard from not only London, but from Florida as well. Luckily thanks to the connections I've made through my blog I've been given the gift of both. Lauren is such a sweet, kind, creative and very talented girl. She spoils me with her thoughtful postcards, including giving me a bit of sunshine straight from my most favourite state (after Texas!)
*I'm excited because I took the day off tomorrow to take Mikey & Milen to the Ft. Worth Zoo and this postcard is from the Naples Zoo. I also happen to love the Caribbean (it's SO beautiful there!!)

And my favourite postcard that Lauren has sent me-
It holds a special place in my heart. It's also sweet that Lauren pointed out that it was Casa Marina like my niece's name :) I had the time of my life there.


I've really enjoyed reading about Carrie's Uncle Gene & Aunt Nancy's recent visit to Key West when they guest posted at her blog.

The same day this postcard arrived, I got the most beautiful wedding invitation from one of my dearest and best friends Janessa. This girl is my soul mate. She just got me completely. I could just be when I was with her. I never had to pretend to be somebody I wasn't. She never judged me. I never had to hide anything from her. That level of trust and intimacy in a friendship is hard to come by. Before Janessa graduated college and moved away to Japan for a year to teach English, we decided to go on holiday together. We had an amazing time in Key West.
*Janessa & I; November 2005

It's been a couple of years since I have seen Janessa and I miss her everyday. She currently lives in Hawaii and is getting married to her Matt in September in Vermont. Vermont was where they met and holds a special place in both their hearts so they decided that should be the setting for their wedding.


*How gorgeous is their save-the-date photo?
With Lauren's postcards she not only gives me a piece of Florida, but she also brings back a lot of memories.
Another thing you should know about Miss Lauren is that she also takes the most BEAUTIFUL photographs. One of my favourite postcards was one that my twinkie Micaela sent me that was a Lauren original. Isn't this photo just beautiful? Luckily you can also send these gorgeous postcards to all your mates through her new etsy shop.

Thank you sweet Lauren!! It means so much to me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment