LinkWithin

Sunday, July 18, 2010

My Hardest Goodbye

"To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time." - Clara Ortega

I am missing my darling Kuyah. My brother Marco left to head back to Iraq this morning. He is my hardest goodbye. I pray these next couple of months go by quickly so he will be safe stateside soon. I am so thankful to God for giving us the most wonderful two weeks with our brother. I'm so grateful that he was able to take his R&R so that all 8 of us could be together again after 11 long years apart. God has blessed me with the most wonderful family. Please pray for Marco as he is traveling now. Thank you to all of you who have writen our brother while he is deployed. It means so much to him and to my twinkie and I. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your kindess.

*Marco and me before going to the airport

*My brothers mean so much to me

*Kuyah and I at the airport before I started crying

*Matt, Madeline, Chet, Mesale, Mom, Marco and me before our goodbye

*One last family photo

I am tearing up looking at this photo. I am SO proud of you Marco and I will see you soon. Thank you for protecting me when I was little and for protecting us all now as you serve our country. I love you and miss you so much it hurts. I know God will keep you safe and I pray for you every day.

And even though I know how very far apart we are
It helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star
And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby
It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky

0 comments:

Post a Comment