LinkWithin

Sunday, July 25, 2010

My seahorse addiction! Thank you Claire for feeding it :)

As you all know I was bummed yesterday upon returning from the airport. I stayed and hung out at my parent's house so I could keep my mom company. By the time we finished our netflix movie it was pretty late. As soon as I got home I had a sweet package waiting for me on the coffee table thanks to darling Claire. Talk about an instant cheering up! :) I was SO excited to open it! I called Micaela right away even though it was past midnight which meant it was even later for twinkie. I just couldn't wait to tell her what a sweet surprise Claire's package meant to me. Most of you who read my blog, read Claire's. Her posts are a part of my day everyday. Everytime she posts a new one it's like Christmas - I just can't wait to read them. I love how Claire is so passionate, so loyal to what she loves and believes in.
*I love seeing my name. It might be a little on the narcissistic side - but I truly do love seeing my name. It's one of the reasons I loved postcrossing so much, because I loved seeing these cards addressed to me in all the different handwritings. Claire even put my name on the handmade card she made me as well. I LOVE the London stickers soooo much! It means so much anytime I get a bit of London sent to me. I cherish anything & everything that has to do with London or England as a whole. Thank you love for adding to my collection! *Isn't the card beautiful?!

Claire not only satisfied my London addiction, she feed another addiction of mine: my seahorse obsession!!!!!

*Look at the beautiful seahorse earrings she sent me!!!!! They are SO adorable!!! I can't wait to show them off at work tomorrow! It is so nice to think that Claire saw these and was so kind enough to think of me and wanted to give them to me. How sweet is that?! I am truly touched by your thoughtfullness.

What's neat is that last night my mom, Auntie Thess and I went to Walmart to get the ingredients for chocoloate chip cookies because my mom is baking some for our church's VBS classes starting on Monday. I bought the most adorable seahorse pajama shirt last night. I was so excited to put on the earrings right away to take a photo that that's exactly what I did:


*How perfect that the earrings even matched my new pajamas? :) I look like I'm wearing a moo moo, but it's sooo cute and comfortable. Those are my knees below, it goes to right above my knees.

This morning I decided to take some more photos of my seahorse collection for you. Much of my collection is thanks to my twinkie. I am in the process of turning my spare "junk room" to a "seaside" room with an ocean theme to it. I've got lots of stuff to decorate, lots of white wicker, lots of lighthouses etc. but I just haven't had the time to get around and decorate. I wish April could come and do it for me. I love how she did her room :) So I took these photos on the kitchen table.
*Photo I took on the balcony of my friend's house of the beautiful sunset in St. Thomas US Virgin Islands; Jars of shells and sand from the same trip; Seahorse candle holder; seahorse rock decoration

*"What happens at the beach, stays at the beach" wall hanger that was a gift from Micaela, my new earrings thanks to Claire! Silver seahorse Micaela got for me from one of her favourite shops in VA; Multi Coloured seahorse from the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago


*Some seahorse shaped soap - another gift from Micaela


*Post it notes from Micaela; charm from my co-worker Laura; mood necklace I got in Chicago
*Picture frame - need to put a photo in it :)
Thank you darling Claire for the wonderful gifts that added to both of my collections. Thank you for making me smile after a sad day. Most of all thank you for your wonderful, beautiful friendship to my twinkie and I. Every conversation I have with Micaela seems to include you. She loves you so much! Thank you for being there for her. That means more to me than you will ever know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment