LinkWithin

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday Postcrossing!!!!


HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY POSTCROSSING!
I love, love, love the beautiful postcards I have received from all over the world thanks to this wonderful site. I am SO thankful for all the beautiful friendships I have made. Postcrossing brought me my Mandy. I cannot imagine not having her friendship. I look forward to her letters and anytime I receive one it's like Christmas :) I devour every word she writes and delight in everything she shares with me about her life. This past week I have been spoiled beyond belief by this darling girl and will share more later ;)
I also met sweet Madeline from Germany through postcrossing. She recently went on a school trip to London and sent me this beautiful postcard. My very first postcard that was actually sent from London:
These girls bring me such joy!!! I appreciate their friendships SO very much! Postcrossing was also the reason I decided to finally join this blogging community. What started out as a blog I wanted to primarily use as a way to share the postcards I get, has turned in to sooo much more. I realized when I was writing this post that I have not posted any of the recent postcards I have received. Ironic huh? :) But I'm thankful for that - thankful that postcrossing brought all of you into my life. The friendships I have made through my blog are so dear to me. I talk about you girls all the time to my "real life" friends and family all the time. I'm constantly thinking about you. Constantly wishing I could share a cup of coffee with you or catch the latest movie. Thank you for sharing your life with me and allowing me to do the same.

In celebration of this birthday, I'd like to share some of the recent postcrossings I have received:
*Darling Fanny from Finland sent me this postcard along with the London Tube Map she used when she was in London with her friends. She told me about her experience there and I'm so grateful that she was kind enough to send me this map to add to my London collection. There's something so intimate about having this map that is used and has all the creases knowing that it was in her hands guiding her around the city I love :) Something from a complete stranger means SO much to me!!! I would have loved to have been there along with Fanny, just from her message alone on the postcard I feel as if we could be great friends :)
*Kindness from dear Fanny!
*Connecticut
*Brazil
*Netherlands
*Netherlands

*China
*Chicago
*Germany

0 comments:

Post a Comment