LinkWithin

Friday, October 8, 2010

TGIF! :)



The weekend is NEARLY here!!! :) I'm SO excited about this one :)

Tonight some of my co-workers and I will be going to dinner and a hockey game. I am SO blessed to work with some of the most amazing people. We are such a close team and work so well together. Two of my co-workers are really big hockey fans and while I prefer wrestling & football over hockey, it is great to spend time with them outside the office :)

Saturday I'll be waking up bright and early for the Race for the Cure! Have I told you how excited I am to be apart of this wonderful event?!?! :) I'm looking forward to spending some time with Jessie ! On facebook she commented "Funny how times change - can you believe we are meeting up at 8 AM to exercise rather than 8PM to drink? haha" to which I replied "Hey we could always have a mimosa pre-race!!! HAHA :) or after to celebrate :)" Made me giggle :) I'm so glad that after all this time, after college & after working together at the local newspaper, the one thing that will never change is our friendship :) I love you Jess! Can't wait to see your beautiful face in the morning!

Saturday night my friend Lucy is joining the Dirty Thirty club by having an 80's theme birthday bash :) I LOVE that I get the chance to dress up in costume twice this month :) I found a gold sequined glittery top at the thrift store last weekend that I'm going to pair with black tights and black lacy gloves. I'll have to see if I can place my oversized New Kids on the Block buttons! I wore it to the NKOTB concert that my sisters and I went to a couple of years ago when they reunited. SO.MUCH.FUN! Seriously one of the best concerts ever :)

I want to do my hair BIG like the 80s big hair metal bands.
Or at the very least like Susanna Hoffs' in "Walk Like An Egyptian":
Big 80s hair makes me think of a favourite Halloween memory of mine when I was growing up. Our siblings dressed Micaela and I up as punk rockers :) We wore one of our brother's big shirts with coloured tights underneath. They teased and sprayed colour in our hair until our hair was HIGH above our heads :) They painted our faces and we wore our mom's big earrings. Check it out:

I wish I could find one of us standing up, but this was the best I could do :) Can you tell who is who? Micaela is the one with the sucker and I'm the one not looking at the camera. That's Maria behind us pulling on little Madeline's pig tails (little Maddie is the age of our youngest niece Sophia in this picture! She's holding an Almond Joy so we did share our treats with her :) Maria was also a glam rocker that year :) This was when we lived in Arizona, so it had to be late 80's because we moved to the Philippines after Arizona and I started kindergarten in the Philippines. So we were punk rockers before we even started elementary school! :) That's how cool Twinkie and I are haha Aww I miss you twinkie! :) More than anything!

I hope you all have an AMAZING weekend!! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment