LinkWithin

Monday, October 25, 2010

A beautiful friendship!


I am one happy girl right now!!!! :) I am still smiling from my surprise lunch date....my childhood best friend Michelle visiting from Chicago! :) I knew she was coming to visit, but thought she would get here at the end of this week. So here I am on an ordinary Monday at work when I get a text from her. Made my day!!!!! :) Philip joined us at lunch and just laughed as we reminisced about some of the antics we would get into growing up in Bitburg, Germany and from when she lived here in Texas for awhile and when I saw her in Chicago. It's the most AMAZING feeling in the world to have someone who's known you from "way back when."
Seems like just yesterday I was sitting in her car at 4 AM outside my hotel in Chicago and she said "Don't worry (I was incredibly sad saying bye to her so she was comforting me) I'll be seeing you in a couple of months!" and here she is! :) Michelle is the kind of friend who once drove the 15 hour drive from Chicago to Texas just to surprise Micaela and I for our birthday one year! She planned it with Philip and our sister Madeline. I'll never forget that morning she came into my bedroom and I thought I was dreaming! :) At that point it had been YEARS since the last time I had seen her! :) And she made the long drive there and back for just our birthday weekend! To this day it is one of the sweetest birthday gifts I have ever received! I'm looking forward to hanging out and lots of laughter this week! :)
I love her friendship, it is one of the biggest blessings in my life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment