LinkWithin

Monday, October 11, 2010

Race for the Cure 10-9-2010

One of the highlights of my AMAZING weekend was Saturday's Race for the Cure. This was my first time participating and my very first 5K. I have always, always wanted to say I finished a 5K and I feel SO proud that I can now and that it was for such an important cause!

*6:30 AM getting my PINK on!!! Pink is my favourite colour - my wedding colours were baby pink and hot pink :)

*The Tu Tu Wild for Ta-Tas team
*This is why we do it. Broke my heart! :*( The whole day was SO emotional!
*My daddy came out to cheer me on! (my husband works in retail and had to work early on Saturday morning :( I am blessed with the most AMAZING father who has ALWAYS been supportive. I'm 26 years old and he still comes to see me like he did when I was in elementary school. The one man who will never let me down! I love you so much daddy!

*If it hadn't been for Jessie I wouldn't have been part of the Tu Tu girls! So happy to do the race with Jess! I love this girl with all my heart! After the race we treated ourselves at OTB and met up with another one of our college girlfriends Adrian. It did my heart good to catch up with my fellow Mass Communications girls!!! I miss college SO much because of the good times we had! Over lunch Jess and I talked about all of our friends through the blog world :) That's right we told Adrian all about you girls and how she MUST join us on here because she'll fall in love with this community of bloggers the way we have :)

*Start and finish line
*Nearly done!! Seeing my dad on the sidelines made me so happy! I listened to Britney Spears the entire 3 miles :) And I ran in that tu tu the whole time!

*The finish line is in sight!
*Such a rush!
*Sweaty! After I had completed the race, my dad walked around with me while I cooled down :) It meant so much to have him there to be a part of this accomplishment for me :)

*I felt SO amazing after such a good run knowing I was making a difference!
I had SO much fun that I'm going to participate in another 5K on October 23! My dad is a volunter for the Wichita Falls Circle of Hope who are hosting their annual North Central Texas Aids Run. My dad is going to pay my registration fee because he's so proud of me - isn't that sweet? :) I can't wait to do it again! It's so much fun and so uplifting to be with all these people who donate their time and money to fund a Cancer Free future for all of us.
On a personal note, the fact that I can call myself a runner is amazing. I have never been able to hang with twinkie when we went running together! I remember when a mile was torture. Now I know I can do 3 without stopping (outside which is so much harder than the treadmill especially in downtown Wichita Falls that has some uphill bits - just sayin!) and most importantly I enjoy it! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment