LinkWithin

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A few of my favourite things - Thanks Leesh!!

If you don't know the lovely Leesh over at The Blarkness Chronicles you must go there now and get to know her - you will fall in love with her the way I did. I adore her blog and what started out as comments back and forth between our blogs soon turned into long emails and a wonderful friendship. This beautiful girl made my day today!

In spin class today my favourite instructor played A TON of Britney songs just for me! While sweating along to my favourite gal, I kept thinking how much I'm going to rely on my Brit Brit to get me through my first 5K on Saturday morning (I've loaded up my playlist almost entirely of Britney songs!). In fact I even posted that as my facebook status (which Leesh wouldn't know because she doesn't facebook, but tweets! :) As soon as I walk through the door I see a package waiting for me from Leesh. You can imagine my happiness when I open it up to find my girl Brit smiling at me:

*Photo taken on my new blackberry - pretty nice for a mobile huh? :)

Leesh came across these two Britney calendars while cleaning recently and instead of throwing them out decided to give them "to the biggest Brit fan I know." How sweet is that?!?! :) And right after I had just had a Britney moment :) I LOVE it!

Leesh has spoiled me immensly when it comes to snail mail. In the picture you'll also see some other thoughtful gifts I received from Leesh last week. Through our emails I had mentioned how I was trying to be better about my diet. While shopping Leesh saw this super cute food journal and immediately thought of me. It's small enough to be perfect to carry around in my purse. Along with that, she sent me a cute checklist notepad and some DELICIOUS coffee crisps at only 100 calories per bar. I've been savouring these sweet treats!
One of many things we have in common is our love for the beach. Leesh and her husband love to travel. You can read about all the beautiful places their adventures have taken them on at their Beach Junkies blog. While on vacation in gorgeous Jamaica Leesh was sweet enough to pick me up this postcard:
*Oh what I wouldn't give to be right there right now!

Thank you Leesh for your thoughtfulness! All these gifts were such sweet surprises! You gave me a few of my favourite things! And you have instantly provide me inspiration for Saturday - healthy snacks, food journal, beach to envision on my run and my Britney :)

I can make almost anything relate to Britney, but when it comes to exercising I owe Britney so much. I know that sounds cheesy, but I seriously mean that! Not just because her songs get me pumped up like no other song can, but because she's been there - Beautiful, sexy body. Then over the years you gain some weight (she had two kids for crying out loud!). At the time I saw this postsecret I could totally relate to it:

I have struggled with my weight for the past couple of years. Like poor Britney it was a very noticeable weight gain on my part. (For the record I NEVER thought she looked horrible in 2007!)

She did not deserve the NASTY ridicule!!!

But then look at her now in her itty bitty bikini!
So you see Britney really does mean a lot to me for a lot of reasons :) I love her because she motivates me! I know her songs blasting in my ears will help me finish the race on Saturday :)
Thanks again darling Leesh for making my day!!! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment