LinkWithin

Friday, October 22, 2010

Helloooo Weekend! :)

As another busy week draws to an end I am SUPER excited for the weekend :) My boss brought a dozen glazed donuts and a dozen chocolate donuts with him this morning. I was going to just have my normal Special K bar but I thought what the heck, it's FRIDAY! :) So I had one of each! Starting the weekend off pretty good wouldn't you say? :)

Tonight we'll be hitting B Dubs to cheer on our Texas Rangers. Truth be told I have never been a baseball fan...until now!!! Baseball is not like football - one of Philip's passions that I learned to embrace and love. And we all know how much Micaela LOVES her Rangers! Me personally - I always thought baseball was rather boring. Even seeing it live on July 4th a couple of years ago didn't change my mind. But now....OMG with the Rangers so close to going to the World Series for the first time ever....Yeah I'd say that's pretty exciting!!!!! :) Never in a million years would I ever think I would feel this way! :) I think the lovely Faiza has a lot to do it with that with her ballpark posts. I'm SO excited - only ONE win away from going to the World Series, it would be AMAZING if they seal that tonight! :) We were hoping it would happen with a win on Weds and as the game just went from bad to worse for us, I texted Micaela and my girlfriend Erin who is a HUGE baseball fan - "This is too much for me!!!! I wish I was still ignorant about baseball! ha" Since the game started during work hours, my sweet and understanding boss hooked me up with a way to watch it online! Check out my computer screen from that day:

I swear I have the most amazing boss in the world :) I ordered this shirt and I can't wait until it comes in...I'm crossing my fingers it will get here before the World Series! :)


How adorable that it's my last name? :) My brother-in-law has one and I've been wanting one forever so I finally ordered it :)

I can't stay out too late tonight because I have to be up bright and early for my second 5K :)

My dad is volunteering for this event and so again I will have my sweet dad there to cheer me on :) I am going to be running with my friend Maria, who also happens to be Micaela's BFF. She is one of my biggest cheerleaders so I am glad to be with her on Saturday :) Cross your fingers that it doesn't rain....the forecast is not looking too good. They said they will only cancel if there is lightening - still soggy running shoes does not sound appealing! Even though I know I can do it after having done my first one, I'm still really nervous about tomorrow! Wish me luck!
*Maria and I after a run (photo taken during the summer) We were so proud of ourselves for running on a Friday after work, that afterwards we went for frozen yogurt! :) At least it was somewhat healthy!

That night I'll celebrate my 5K run with UFC 121. I LOVE Brock Lesnar!! It goes back to my love for wrestling and his time in the WWE. The last time I watched Brock in the octagon was when my whole family was here in July and we ordered it on PPV at my little sister Madeline's apartment. My oldest brother Chet is a HUGE UFC fan and will stay up until 3 AM in Germany to watch the event live. We normally facebook message each other back and forth during each PPV so it's like we're watching it together :)


Sunday we'll be going to a BBQ for my husband's job.

I can't wait!!! :) TGIF!!! Have an AMAZING weekend loves!!! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment