LinkWithin

Friday, October 15, 2010

I am Love

Last night as I watched "I am Love" I was reminded of the crazy risks that love (or lust!) can make you take. The thrill, the excitement, the utter passion that blinds you and wrecks you senseless. You get so caught up that you live in the here and now and do not think of the consequences.


It's a beautiful movie primarily set in Milen (a couple of scenes in my LONDON!) and the Italian language and scenery is breathtaking. It's artful and might seem a little too much for people who don't appreciate foreign films, but to me this movie shook me to the core.
***
...As we sat in your car you flipped on the music. How fitting that Bon Jovi's "Bed of Roses" came on the radio at just this part:

Now as you close your eyes
Know I'll be thinking about you
While my mistress she calls me to stand in her spotlight again
Tonight I won't be alone
But you know that don't mean I'm not lonely

I have often thought of you when I listen to those lines...
***
There's a danger in loving too much and sometimes you pay dearly for passion. "I am Love" depicts that truth beautifully and tragically.

0 comments:

Post a Comment