LinkWithin

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Great BRIT

Be still my heart...


Bless you Candies!!!!

Anybody who knows me knows how much I love Brit Brit. I have a whole stash of magazines she's been on the cover of and it is one of my prized collections. She's just so beautiful - I could look at her all day.
I feel as though my Mandy knows me even though we've never met. I got this sweet surprise from her the other day - a postcard with my Brit Brit :) Thank you my sweetheart!
I admire that even though Brit hit rock bottom, she picked herself up and pulled through. Once upon a time Britney gave my heart hope. Anybody in a relationship knows things can get sticky sometimes. Marriage is hard. Philip and I have been married for 3 years, but been together for 9 total in August. Back in 2004 Philip was going to take me to her concert during her Onyx Tour for our 3 year anniversary. It was going to be in San Antonio and we were going to have a romantic weekend. Before the concert date, Britney busted her knee, canceled the rest of the tour and went crazy. Philip was bummed because he knew it was going to be the perfect
anniversary gift and I was so sad because I had been looking forward to it.

Fast forward a couple of years and Philip and I experienced what can only be described as the 7 year itch. It was such a hard, painful, depressing time for me. When her tickets went on sale for her Circus tour I remember I called Philip at work to see if we could go. I was really nervous to ask him. Things were very different than they were four years ago the first time round. He didn't say yes at first and his hesitation made my heart beat fast. When he said yes I felt a huge sigh of relief. The tickets went on sale in Dec. 08 and the concert wasn't until March 09 and that he had said yes gave me hope. I took it as a sign that somewhere in his mind and heart he was thinking that we would be ok when March came along. He was still planning our future. And so I fell in love with Britney a little more that day - because she gave me hope.

*Philip & I before the Britney concert March 2009 - I was one happy girl!

Things are a million times better now. We are at such a happy place. Relationships go through tests every day. These little trials and set backs make that bond that much stronger.

I pray that you will be able to find your way my dear. You remember the way you comforted me as I cried thinking I wouldn't be able to pull through all of that? But you always told me things were going to be okay and you were always there to support me. I say the same things you said to me then to you now. I believe in you. xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment