LinkWithin

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Movies

I LOVE Netflix. My dad has been in Honduras for a week for a mission trip and so I have been keeping my mom company while her movie date is away. Since watching "NY I Love You" we decided to watch
Natalie Portman never ceases to amaze me with her talent. She's in both movies and she always shines in anything she's in! An added bonus: Emily Mortimer!! I had no idea my girl was in it and was pleasantly surprised to see her short directed by non other than Wes Craven! I actually met him when he came to speak at my college in 2007. It was SO neat to listen to him speak about how he got the inspiration for Freddy etc. and how he started in the business. It was also neat because it was a stormy Friday the 13th when he visited
*Like how I put my arm around him like we are old pals? haha
I hope they come out with a "London, I Love You." That would be my favourite! :) My mom and I watched an old favourite of ours last night that had William McNamara in a small role (it also has a very young Ben Stiller in a tiny role - he plays the bad boy Jenny gets into some trouble with) so I could get my fix. I have since looked up a couple of his movies I haven't seen on Netflix and added them to my que :) Have any of you ever seen "Stella" - it's one of Bette's best. I love her!
I bawl every time I watch it and on more than one part! It's about the unconditional love of a mother and the relationship she has with her daughter Jenny. I truly believe movies have the power to heal. I love the escape they provide.
Tomorrow I am taking the day off to go pick up my sweet twinkie at the airport. I am super excited about brining her home. I was so touched by the overwhelming outpour of love and support from all of you. Thank you for your kind, concerned emails and for all the prayers. It means the world to me that you care so much for my twinkie who feels the exact same way about you. Together we'll get her back on her feet. I'm looking forward to hearing her laugh again. I'm ready to watch all kinds of movies with her and my mom like we use to. She's going to educate me on Woody Allen whose movies have been helping her through this rough patch and I'm going to start "True Blood" with her. I've been wanting to start the series forever now because I heard it was SOOOOOO good and when my bff Steph started watching it and confirmed how great it was then I knew I had to start it!
I am so happy about tomorrow. I love you twinkie girl! See you manana :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment