LinkWithin

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I love being an Auntie

I absolutely love being an auntie :) Nothing made me happier than getting to video chat with my most favourite person in the ENTIRE world....

*My nephew Mikey
He was the first grandchild to come into our lives. Since he was a little baby he has had my heart. We have just always had this connection. He is my darling, the apple of my eye! I love him more than anybody in this world. He is into WWE Wrestling which just makes me SO proud and I can't wait to watch with him.

*His seester Milen with my seester their Auntie Maddie. Milen looks EXACTLY like me when I was her age! Carbon copy really!

I haven't seen these two in four very long years. I can't wait to see them July 2! :) It will be a dream come true!!! I remember when I stayed with my brother's family they would wake up in the middle of the night and crawl into my bed. I slept in a little guest twin bed so one would be on my side and the other on my other side and it would get a little cramped. So to give them more room and make them more comfortable I would sneak onto the floor and let them take over my bed only to wake up in the morning to them both on the floor next to me :) How cute is that?? One night while they were laying with me I was in tears thinking the next time I see them they will have outgrown this. I just can't wait to hug them again! I can't wait to see how they interact with their cousins my other sweet nieces I am excited beyond words!

Thankfully since my nieces and nephew are overseas and I don't get to see them often, I do have some nieces and nephews in Texas on Philip's side :) Last night our nieces stayed the night with us. We had a great time! I'm a little sleepy though since they are on summer and stayed up late last night, but it was fun! :)
*With Carly and Cara - cutie pies! :)
“Only an Aunt can give hugs like a mother, can keep secrets like a sister, and share love like a friend.”
~ Spanish Proverb
I'm thankful for the relationships I have had with my aunties and am blessed to have the same type with my own nieces and nephews despite time and distance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment