LinkWithin

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Twin Connection

Even though Micaela's been in VA since January sometimes I still get sad when lunch time rolls around. She use to work two blocks from me so I would pop round to her office to pick her up and we would lunch at our mom's casa or with friends every day. If she had to cover for a meeting or vice versa we'd switch our whole schedules around just to be able to go together. She was the best lunch date ever. We'd sing along to the radio on our way back and it was the most perfect and welcome break in every work day.

Yesterday I had the WORST case of the Mondays. From the moment it started it seemed everything that could go wrong just did. I felt overwhelmed and felt like I would burst into tears any second. It was just one of those days ALL day long. Springtime in Texas means tornado season and threats of severe weather. We've been having dark skies and gloomy weather all week and it was quite fitting for my mood. I wished more than anything that twinkie was here to make me feel better by watching one of our favourite movies together and just forget about my horrible day.

*Micaela and I hanging out at my mother-in-law's pool last summer. Like my tatoo? It's the heart on HBK's wrestling tights! :)

Luckily today has been much, much better. When I was going to lunch today a sign came in the form of a Coldplay song! Viva La Vida instantly made me happy because it made me think of Micaela. I'm sure you all know how much she LOVES her Coldplay. My husband and her share the same obsession for Coldplay and have seen them in concert 3 times together (I've been to 2 of them). So Micaela still manages to brighten up my day - even when she doesn't even know it! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment