LinkWithin

Monday, May 24, 2010

Some Recent Happy Mail!

*My sweet Mandy said she saw this at a kiosk at work and had to get it for me.
I quite like the drawing - I have a thing for the bob haircut. It will ALWAYS be my favourite hair style of all time. I've always loved short hair and for the longest time wore mine short. Maybe one day I'll go back...
First infactuation began with my love for Karen Duffy. Do you guys remember her from her MTV VJ days? I always thought she was sooo beautiful. Come to think of it - she was prob my first girl crush.

*One of the first movies I got to see without my parents at the theatre circa 4th grade with my friend Veronica in Bitburg, Germany. I felt SO cool going to the movies without parental supervision. I watched this movie over and over just to see Karen Duffy - my favourite scene is when they are running through the fountains :) I'll have to find this movie on DVD. I haven't seen it in a million years!

*Micaela bought this for me. I love reading biographies of my favourite people - Duffy's story is inspirational too because she didn't let a life-threatening illness get her down. Again - an amazing woman!!

Of course I can't mention the bob without mentioning one of the most famous ones of all...
*loved her longer bob circa 1996 - I was the biggest Posh Spice wannabe! I cut my hair anytime she cut hers and I wore the big white tennis shoe platforms that Baby Spice wore. My walls were plastered with their photos - esp Victoria's :)
Thank you Mandy! As you can see this postcard brought back lots of memories for me that you didn't even know :) She also sent me this beautiful purple one:
Everytime I learn more and more about Mandy and I love it! Even little things - for instance on the back of the first postcard she wrote "Now it's 10 o'clock and I have my break drinking a Red Bull." Simple, little things like that I love to know because I can picture her in her ordinary, everyday setting :)
Here are some other beauties that made their way to my mailbox:


*Sweet surprise from the lovely Lauren. Love the vintage postage inspired card! I envy her and Shelly because the live in Florida and I love that state with ny whole heart! Some of the happiest moments I have had have been while on a beach in Florida! I have been waiting for the day a Florida locator card turns up in my mail box via postcrossing - but one sent from Florida just because is even better :) Thanks Lauren!

Some recent Postcrossings:


*from fellow Texan Will Ann - a pc she picked up while visiting Santa Fe. Thank you for sending me a part of your trip :)


*From Rachel in China who said even though she didn't have a seashore card she hoped I liked the falls and the yellow ship - I did enjoy it very much!


*From Lin Sun in Malaysia - she got this last year when she went to see the famous Hong Kong Pop Star Sammi Cheng in concert. She is also a Twilight Saga fan and is also Team Edward! :)

Many many thanks for all the lovely mail!

0 comments:

Post a Comment