LinkWithin

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mail time Monday :)

My mailbox was happy over the weekend :) Here are the gems I got from postcrossing:

*From a sweet family in Pennsylvania

*Doris in Germany sent me this and it is so special to me because I have actually been to Landstuhl and Ramstein and it brought back a lot of nice memories when I see this card :) My brother was stationed in Landstuhl when I lived in Bitburg and we went to visit him often. I miss those times so much!

*Sari from Amsterdam sent me this - love lighthouses as you know :) This card was square shaped and so cute! Sari is sooo lucky - she goes to London every second month to do some shopping. She told me it's so easy to fly there, only 2o minutes from Amsterdam. Her husband and her take a morning flight and in the afternoon back to home. *sigh* if only Wichita Falls was 20 minutes from London!! Sari also put stickers on the backside of the card - including a little red double decker bus :) Adorable!

I love getting postcards in the mail! My darling Mandy sent me this one last week


It was a larger postcard and I loved it because it reminded me of the ending scene in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" (the original is def. on my top movies list) when they are in that glass elevator overlooking the little village - for some reason this postcard reminded me of that :)

On the back Mandy wrote some random things about her and I love learning these little facts about her. I want to know everything there is about this pretty girl : ) I sent her the following postcards last week

*Mandy loves butterflies the way I love London :)


*This is a handmade postcard I made of some of her favourite things. On her postcrossing profile some of the things she requested cards of were Chesterfield Ciggerette ads, fashion, Betty Boop, lovers, London, Paris, Butterflies, Cats. I had a lot of fun putting this collage together for my sweet, sweet friend :)
She messaged me this morning to tell me she got them and loved them :) On one of the postcards I told her that even though we have never met, I miss her when it's been a bit between our messages. I am thankful that we are pen pals and I think of her often throughout my day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment