LinkWithin

Monday, May 24, 2010

Should be packing...

but I missed you guys and wanted to spend some time with you instead :) Typical me - always waiting until the last minute to pack - It never fails! ha I'm SO excited about this short week for me! I just got home from a date with Philip. We went and watched "Shrek 4" and it was just simply adorable. We love all the Shrek movies and this one is def one of my favourites. It was sooo sweet it made me cry! Movies in themselves provide some of the best escapes and I escaped quite a bit this past weekend with my mom. Netflix is one of the greatest things in the world. One of my most favourite things in the world is watching a movie with her .

I've become quite obsessed with the actress Emily Mortimer. There's something about her simple beauty that makes me love her so much. She was born in London too :) I really took notice of her in "Dear Frankie" (sweet movie!) She had small parts before then (like in one of my favourites "Notting Hill"), but I really noticed her when I watched that particular movie. Naturally I wanted to see everything she's been in. So we watched "Lovely and Amazing" and "Lars and the Real Girl" over the weekend.
We also watched "Up In the Air" with George Clooney (loved it!). Last week I FINALLY watched "Dan in Real Life" (I've always wanted to see it) and loved it as well. A Netflix DVD is happy mail just like postcards and letters from you :) It's always nice when one turns up in the mail! Tomorrow when I squeeze in packing and American Idol - I'm going to squeeze in "Dear John" I absolutely can't wait to see this movie!!! I still can't believe I never made it to the theatre when it came out because I absolutely LOVE Nicholas Sparks and have read every single book he's ever writen. So tomorrow is going to be one busy day! By the way, if you have any movie suggestions to add to my que let me know :)

Speaking of movies...I'm a little sad I won't be here for the Sex and City 2 opening! When the first one came out Micaela and I and our girlfriends made a premiere of it! :) We were there at the midnight showing (even though we all had to get up early the next day for work!) and there was a ton of us (including Philip! I somehow managed to force him to accompany me! ha don't think it's going to happen this time round though!) As we all know by now - Micaela always introduces me to the greatest loves of my life - that includes Charlotte :) I just love her sooo much!
*I'm a Charlotte! Always optimistic - always glass half full kind of girl :) I believe in the best in everyone! Always a hopeless romantic!
And Aiden! I'm an Aiden gal! Micaela is too - but Big has always been her numero uno! :) So I'm excited to see what kind of suprises Aiden is going to bring to the movie. Speaking of Sex and the City...I kicked some MAJOR bum at Trivia on Friday night. One of the things Philip and I are obsessed with is Buzztime Trivia at BWW. We play all the time with our friends. It's sad, but BWW is like our second home we hang out there so much on the weekends. (Remember when I said I was drinking one too many beers? yeeeah...) Philip actually did quite well for himself too! ha made me proud :) I nearly got a perfect score - I ONLY missed ONE question and the question really didn't have to do with Sex and the City per se - it was which Desperate Houswife was considered for the part of Carrie orignally or some BS like that - yes, BS :) Because that question ruined my perfect score! Hopefully I won't read any spoilers before I have a chance to go catch the movie! I know that will be hard!

I did a bit of shopping on Sunday with Steph. We got some new things to wear this weekend :) She got a dress and some new shoes for the wedding and you'll never believe what I got....new jeans and a black top. Typical me. My uniform :) I laughed when I was checking out remember the Fill in the Blanks Friday :) All in all a wonderful weekend...but I have a sneaky feeling this weekend will be even better :) I'm already in vacation mode!

0 comments:

Post a Comment