LinkWithin

Friday, May 7, 2010

Fill In the Blank Friday


I LOVE the topic this week! :) Thanks Lauren!


1. My favorite book growing up was Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume. I cry every time I read it and I just want to hug Davey. I love that character! I loved Judy Blume growing up, but this one is by far my favourite.


2. The funniest book I've ever read was ...I'm drawing a blank! I can't think of a book that I read that made me laugh so much. hmmmm...maybe it's like the way I am when it comes to movies - I am just not a fan of "funny" movies - my husband always teases that I have no funny bone! Unless it's like "Old School" I just find movies that are supposed to be funny completely dumb!


3. The one book that has truly changed my life is Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl. I believe we could have been the best of friends. She changed my life because she always saw the good in a world of so much hate and cruelty. And I always got so giddy reading the passages about Peter. Once upon a time I wanted to be a journalist who wrote compelling things. It's what I went to college for but never pursued after graduation. The quote I always loved of hers (and she had sooo many great ones) that meant something to me was



"I can shake off everything if I write; my sorrows disapper, my courage is
reborn. But, and that is the great question, will I ever be able to write
anything great, will I ever become a journalist or a writer? I hope so, oh, I
hope so very much, for I can recapture everything when I write, my thoughts, my
ideals and my fantasies" - Anne Frank.


She is my muse!

4. If you're looking for a real 'tear jerker' you should probably read anything by Nicholas Sparks. I can't read any of his books without crying!!! I bawled when I read The Notebook. He truly knows how to write a beautiful love story and he is one of my favourite authors.



5. If I could meet any author living or dead I would want to meet Jane Austen. I have so much love in my heart for her and the amazing novels she wrote. She changed the lives of so many women! Sense & Sensibility is probably my favourite!


6. The next book on my 'to read' list is Eat, Pray, Love because Micaela keeps gushing about it :) Also Anita Shreve's A Change in Altitude. I love all her books!


7. If I was snowed into remote cabin in the woods and could only choose three books to bring with me I'd bring The Bible, Eclipse so Edward could keep me company, Summer Sisters by Judy Blume.
There are so many books I love that I could have easily picked four or five answers for all of these questions (well excpet for the funniest book one hahaha)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment