LinkWithin

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mum's Day!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the lovely moms out there :) Such a special day - one day I can't wait to be celebrated :) I loved this Postsecret!

There were so many secrets today that broke my heart :(
I hope to one day have the kind of relationship with my kiddos that my mom and I have :) She is the most amazing mother and I hope to be the kind of mother she is! I love my mom SOOO much! Today we celebrated mom with a huge lunch at Red Lobster after church.

*Mom with her corsage pin from my seester Madeline



*Mom and Dad - we took these pics on our phones to send to twinkie. We always miss Micaela so much when we all get together!

It's 8:00 pm and I am STILL soooo stuffed from our lunch. I indulged on those yummy Cheddar Bay biscuits! We had ice cream cup cakes from Maggie Moo's thanks to Yarei :) Yarei is Micaela and my college girlfriend who is like a sister to us. She is so close to my mother and is actually staying with my parents right now. That's the kind of person my mother is. All of our friends growing up always felt like my mom was a mom to them. They loved being at our house because my mom is like sunshine :) Last night a friend of ours Craig stopped by to give my parents an invitation to his pinning ceremony (he's finishing up his nursing degree at MSU). His mom is going to be there from Houston and he said he has told his mother all about my parents and can't wait for them to meet. How sweet is that? :) My mom always invites Craig to come over and eat some yummy Philipino food (he's half Philipino just like me!) and when he couldn't go home to Houston for Thanksgiving - there's always a place for him at our table.


After we played a mean game of scrabble.


One of my mom's rituals is doing the crossword puzzle in the newspaper every morning with her coffee. She's pretty good at Scrabble - but nobody is better than my father! His words crack me up - Axiom and Julian :) Can you see my shout out to the sea? :) It was hillarious because my mom had her iPad and was sneakily googling a word because she didn't know how to spell it and completely did not mean to "cheat" - hahaha her and that iPad!


By the way Madeline wants me to be sure and let you guys know I ended the game with a whopping 57!!!!!!!! UGH! It wasn't totally fair because I had the big letters left over z,q,y and had to subtract those numbers from my total score :( hahaha


Scrabble was followed by a LONG nap!!! I had to make up from Friday night's country dancing with Lauren and Mehle (looove my Armstrong sisters!) and last nights karaoke fun for Cameron's birthday. Stayed up SO late but oh SO worth it :)


Now off to watch "Iron Man 2" with Philip and some friends. Hellloooo Scarlett Johansson!


A wonderful Sunday to end a wonderful, fun weekend with friends and family :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment