LinkWithin

Friday, May 21, 2010

Fill in the Blanks Friday - Fashion style!

Another round of Fill in the Blanks :) I'm not going to be very good at this one - I'm just not a fashionista. I'm not a slob or anything - but I'm not especially trendy either. It use to be more important to me. It prob has something to do with my struggle with weight as well. When you don't feel good about yourself you try and hide yourself in not the most flattering of clothes and when nothing fits right you don't want to ever go shopping. I use to get so depressed going with Micaela and wanting the same dress as her and having to get two sizes bigger than my beautiful twinkie!
Luckily I'm changing that around for myself! One of these days I'll get brave like Belen and share with you my weight loss journey (girl you motivate and make me proud every time I read one of your Wed posts! Keep up the good work!). I gained quite a bit of weight during a two year span. I was so dissapointed in myself for letting myself go completely after college and after my wedding. I was also going through a bit of a difficult time as well so this Texas girl was drinking one too many Budlights on nights I would go out with my girlfriends to "escape" from everything .
I'm proud to say I have not had a beer in over TWO months! My last alcohol beverage was on St. Patrick's Day! It makes it sound like I was an alcoholic or something but I was hitting the gym pretty good and not seeing the kind of results I was wanting so I knew I had to give up Budlight completely. You don't realise how much weight you put on just from drinks alone!

Anyway, long story short - when Micaela moved away in January I had to do something to fill the empty space. After our sister Maria was here during Christmas and I hated every family picture we took I vowed to myself that I did not want to be unhappy when we take the million of family photos we will be taking this summer when we all get together. So I set a goal for myself right then and there and I'm happy to say I've been completely sticking to it! :) I've lost more than 20 pounds since February and went down 3 dress sizes!! (sometimes 4 depending on the brand! ;) When I fit into some work pants that I haven't worn in over two years I cried! :)

Although I'm not at what I want to be just yet - I am feeling SO much better about myself! :) God I didn't think I was going to divulge that much information - I just kept typing and typing! I feel so comfortable with you girls - so thank you for letting me go on and on about it. I don't have official before and after photos - but I do have a photo from last summer that I look at to keep me going. When I see the progress from that photo I know all my hard work is worth it! When I get the courage I may just post it here one of these days! Maybe when I reach my personal goal :)

Okay okay I completely got off track - so let's get to filling these blanks thanks to Lauren!


1. One fashion trend I really regret is corduroy overalls and baby tees! ha Pretty much anything I wore during the middle school years - soooo embarrassing to think about it now :)

2. The one thing that always completes any outfit is in my opinion is a pair of dressy black boots! :) Well okay I guess they can't go with every outfit so shoes is the obvious answer.

3. I would describe my personal style as casual chic. I'm a jeans and tee kind of gal. My "uniform" is jeans, black top and boots. I love black tops in any shape or form. I LOVE wearing jeans and am always in search of the perfect pair (so ladies if you have any suggestions let me know!) Jeans are such a classic look - I love that dressing up denim look as seen by:
4. My fashion muse is any of the casual chic ladies - Reese Witherspoon, Drew Barrymore, Jessica Alba to name a few.

5. If I could own one designer piece of clothing it would be a little black Gucci dress (instantly makes me think of that scene with Posh Spice in Spiceworld! haha)

6. I would love to raid the wardrobe of Reese Witherspoon. She just always looks so lovely. She even has the perfect hair!

7. Today I am wearing jeans (LOVE casual Fridays at work!) A navy blue short sleeved knit overlay top over a beige lace trimmed cami and pointy beige heels that Micaela gave me. I'm wearing my beige and white shell necklace to complete the outfit :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment