LinkWithin

Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Sample

I joined Postcrossing 6 months ago and have sent and received 20 postcards to date. I'm completely smitten with this fun project :)

Micaela and I had pen pals from all over the world growing up. We loved it!! I'm thankful that postcrossing is a way to still capture that feeling of making a connection with someone. It's so neat to see the distance some of these cards have traveled. I love all the different designs on the front and all the different stamps from all over the world. I love seeing my name in all the different handwritings. And most of all I love the sweet messages! Here is just a sample of some that I have received so far:

*Maine


*Estonia


*The Netherlands


*Czech Republic



I don't want to limit myself to a certain preference - because of course I love every card I get! (I do have a soft spot for beach scene cards as you can prob. tell. Some of my happiest memories are from the beach) But I do however, have one very special specfic request: If you are from London, please please please please send me a locator card!!! :) I have been waiting for one to show up in my box and one day this came to me:


What's even sweeter is that it's actually from Ola in Russia. She had it for some reason and now she knows the reason was that it was waiting for me :) It was so cute because she thought it might not be correct to send me a London card when it's actually coming from Russia, but she thought since I love London so much it prob wouldn't matter to me and she's right!!! :) So thank you Ola for sending me my first London card! :)


I wouldn't mind getting this card from London:


I love it!!! :) I emailed Micaela and our friend Lauren yesterday with this picture and told them when we go to London together we MUST take a photo like this :) hahaha Nobody wants to see my bum that's for sure but it's just so HILLARIOUS :)

On the same note I can't wait until I get to send a card to London so I can gush to that person how much I love the city they live in.

London, it's where my heart is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment