LinkWithin

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hand Made

My sweet co-worker Laura gave me some blank postcard stock that she had left over from a family reunion invitation she had done. I'm so excited about these blank canvases. While I'm not nearly as talented as she, (she can sketch, paint and draw so well!) I can make some what decent collages. I think it goes back to the time Micaela and I use to plaster our walls and school folders with Take That. My first attempt was for a postcrossing I did for Jacquie who mentioned handmade cards.
My second attempt was for my twinkie's bestie Marisa.
When my twinkie moved to VA in the beginning of the year it was unbearable for me. We had never ever been apart in our whole lives. We went to lunch together every day, had the same girlfriends, hung out with our family - we were literally together almost every hour we weren't at our different jobs or at home sleeping in our seperate houses. It was a HUGE transition for me, one I still have a hard time dealing with on bad days or really good days when I just want to see her pretty smile.

So on Valentine's Day my sister's bestie sent us each a Valentine. Her beautiful daughter made us home made cards that were just darling! Marisa sent me and Micaela both a pair of Sara Paloma's Stoneware Wings so that when we put them together they make a perfect match. How perfect and sweet is that? It made us both cry! You can read Micaela's post about it here.

I made Marisa a hand made postcard to thank her

I tried to include things I knew Marisa loves (Mr. Darcy, cuff links, dandelions, photography etc.) with things I love (Seahorse and London). She wrote about the card here and I appreciated her sweet sweet words! She is so kind with the biggest heart. I feel like I know her already because Micaela goes on and on about her every time we talk. I'm so thankful that she has Marisa!

As you can see seahorses and London are going to be a recurring theme because both mean SO much to me. I can't wait to see what my creation will look like for Mandy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment