LinkWithin

Monday, April 19, 2010

I left my heart in London...




Ever since I can remember I have been in love with the city of London. Obsessed really. My heart and soul belong there. My fascination for the city came about because I believed every good thing came from there. At the time Micaela and I were in love with the WWF and she "forced" me to love a wrestler within the Hart Family so we could still be sisters when we married them :) (Even though I was in love with Shawn Michaels *still am by the way*) So I chose the British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith.



We were also in love with the British Boyband Take That.


Gary Barlow still makes me swoon....




I loved the books of Roald Dahl as a girl...




I loved the Spice Girls (before there was Britney - there was Victoria and I was such a big Posh Spice wannabe!)






I adored Hugh Grant. I watched "Four Weddings and a Funeral" a billion times...still one of my favourites to this day!


All from England. I loved that accent. So I fell in love with everything British. My dream was to grow up, live in London in the coolest flat with Micaela in Notting Hill and write for Smash Hits magazine :)



After I graduated college I finally made it to my heaven on earth. July 15-17, 2006 was the best weekend of my life. I know it was only a short while, but you'd be surprised how much I experienced. How much I crammed in and soaked up that entire weekend.


I'll never forget the very first landmark I saw was the Tower Bridge. I saw it on the bus from the airport to heart of the city. I was giddy the whole time and screamed in happiness. The people on the bus were just looking at me like I was crazy. My older sister Maria simply explained to them "This has been her dream."





*on the river boat cruise on the River Thames July 2006



The moment I saw Big Ben is one that I will cherish forever. I literally cried from happiness. That whole weekend was magical. wild. fulfilling. Everything I imagined it and more.
True happiness for me was lying in my hotel bed at the Regent Palace Hotel in Piccadilly Circus near Regent Street with my windows wide open, just listening to the sounds of the city I love. I had finally made it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment