LinkWithin

Friday, April 16, 2010

Ich Liebe Deutschland!



Don't you just love this postcard from Regina? It brought back so many great memories of when I lived in Germany. It's such a beautiful country with the friendliest people. I absolutely loved living in Bitburg. My dad was stationed there from 1994-1997. Some of my dearest friendships were made there. Since I was only 12 when I left Germany I didn't get to really experience it. Going back to visit my brother Chet in 2006 when I was 22 was almost like being there for the first time.


Germany was hosting The World Cup and Kaiserslautern where my brother lives was an actual host city. It was a once in a lifetime experience. My brother lived close to the soccer stadium and I remember getting ready to go out one night while an actual game was being played and the windows were literally shaking from the incredible noise of the crowd.





*Me 2006



It was sheer maddness. When they say soccer is religion all over the world but here they aren't lying. The passion of the people for the sport is a sight to see! Here are some of the photos I took while there:








*I flew to Italy the day after they won the World Cup - talk about a party!

*I was cheering for England naturally




*Some fellow England fans I met. We were the only ones in a sea of Portugal supporters




*I love David Beckham

0 comments:

Post a Comment