LinkWithin

Monday, April 26, 2010

Antique Shop Finds

On Saturday I went to an antique store downtown (I miss Micaela SO much - it was one of her favourite places in the Falls. You know how thrifting is one of her favourite things to do!) and found these old postcards
1984 is the year the stamp that was used to design the postcard above was issued and the same year I was born. Below is a postcard of York Minster

This one is my favourite because it was actually sent and had a message on the back. It was postmarked 1976, Philip would have been 1 year old :) It's neat to see an actual stamp and how much it cost back then as to now. And being in advertising it's neat to see what was being shown in Piccadilly Circus at the time. Like Laura noticed the Marlboro ad in the back (the scan is too small and you prob can't see it).
Another thing I found was a mat of London. It's a print on what looks like corkboard. It still had an old plastic covering it with the Souvenir of London sticker. I think I'll take it out since it's torn and frame it for my living room. One of these days when my house is clean (haha I am not the best housewife truth be told!) I'll take photos of my London collection for you to see :) I LOVE Trafalgar Square SO much! Def. one of my favourite bits of London :)


I was SO glad to find these little treasures!

On another happy note - two of my postcards have reached their destination. The one I had sent to Russia that I was worry about finally made it after 33 days. I don't have that one scanned so I can't share what I sent. Another made it to Finland after 13 days. This was sent to Minna who likes flowers. Love it when one gets registered because that just means I get to send out more! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment