LinkWithin

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Arrivals Gate

I wish I had been at the BritWeek Gala dinner this past Thursday. Not only did Victoria Beckham look STUNNING (true she could afford to eat a couple of cup cakes - but I have always always loved her and her handsome husband!)


But my sweet, sweet David Archuleta performed. I looooooooove this boy (yes I know he is just a boy ha). My family and I have always been big American Idol fans. Every Tues & Weds I go to my mom's house to have dinner and watch Idol together. No other season compares to season 7 when Archie was on. I was SMITTEN with him. I just knew he was going to win it all. That was the only time I ever voted too haha His voice is just SOOO beautiful!!! I even went to go see the Top 10 go on tour that summer in Dallas because I just HAD to see Archie :) I looooove him! I love how humble he is - he's just such a cutie!
Sundays are perfect for being lazy and spending time with your family and that's exactly what I did today. I went to church and after a big lunch with my parents, took a big nap :) Until my younger seester Madeline woke me up when she came over. We watched "The Lovely Bones." I always wanted to read the book but never got around to it. I heard a lot of people say negative things about the movie, but I just loved it. It's so sad and beautifully told. Of course I cried my eyes out!

I love movies - I could watch them all day if I could. My whole family is that way. Except my husband. He has to be in the mood to watch a movie or it has to be something he really really wants to see. I have more of a chance to get him to watch a movie with me at the theatre then at home. Getting him to watch a movie at home is like pulling teeth. He would rather flip through the channels. He loves watching TV. We're SO opposite in that way. Like right now - at this moment he's watching "National Treasure" on USA. But if I had suggested to him that we should put in the DVD - then he prob. wouldn't want to watch it. I know strange huh? :) My silly Philip.
My best friend Stephanie LOVES movies as much as I do. We use to watch movies together all the time until her schedule changed at work and she had to be up so early. She's def. my favourite movie date. We could talk about movies for hours. When we are out together somehow our conversation always finds its way to movies :)

Sundays also mean PostSecret. This week I loved


I love airports. Love them. I was a military brat so I grew up everywhere. Fortunately I have been able to do quite a bit of traveling on my own. Everytime I went to the airport to pick up family and friends I always watched as couples reunited at the arrivals gate and secretly wished one day that would be me and somebody would be waiting for me. Luckily I know that feeling. There's nothing like it. When you're walking throught the terminal with butterflies in your stomach because you're about to be reunited. Then that moment you both see each other and you run up to embrace...such bliss! I love it.

When I was coming back from Europe that summer 2006 Philip picked me up at the airport. We had been apart for two and a half months - the longest time we had ever spent apart. When we got to the car I was getting in and he told me how hard being away from each other was and he never wanted to be apart from me again. That's when he asked me to marry him. He proposed in the DFW Airport parking lot. I couldn't believe it was happening! Completely unexpected - It was magical! I remember how excited I was to tell the lady who took our parking stub at the toll booth that I was engaged :)

I get this postsecret. It makes me think of the beginning of "Love Actually" - prob. the only movie I never have to beg Philip to watch. He loves that movie :)




*sorry about the subtitles

0 comments:

Post a Comment