LinkWithin

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tops and Blue!

Last night I went to a Tops in Blue's concert with my family :) My dad has been taking us to see them perform ever since we were little girls. For those of you who might not be familiar, the Tops in Blues is an all-active duty US Air Force group made up of talented amateur performers. They go on tour and perform for military families throughout the world.  
*Like my pretty scarf? It was a sweet gift from Karina :) I loooove it! I wear it ALLL the time!
*My dad was in the Air Force for 30 years when he retired



My sisters and I use to love getting to meet the performers after the shows and ask for their autographs. They sing everything from oldies to MJ to Black Eyed Peas to an amazing Lady Gaga medley. I love seeing those beautiful women up there singing and dancing in their glamourous dresses and costumes only to come back on stage later dressed in their Air Force blues. As a tradition, the last song they always sing is "God Bless the USA." I get so emotional when I hear them sing that beautiful song! We had such a great time last night :)

Today is also my oldest brother Chet's birthday. I told him to celebrate and to be sure and enjoy his very last year in his 30's :)

My brother is seriously one of my best friends. There is nothing I couldn't tell him. The summer after I graduated college my brother bought me a plane ticket to Europe so that I could spend the summer with his family. I am super attached to my brother's oldest, his son Mikey. I sincerely love Mikey more than I could love anybody in this world. He is my joy. That was the summer of my life!! It is one of the nicest things anybody has ever done for me.

It also happens to be his 15th Wedding Anniversary! I'm not only blessed with such an amazing brother, but an amazing and beautiful sister in law :)

 Family is the whole world to me.  Check out twinkie's post and tell us a little about yours here :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment