LinkWithin

Monday, March 7, 2011

Embracing my late 20s with Pink Balloons :)

I would like to wish my sweet, sweet twinkie a very Happy 27th Birthday! Which means that naturally it's my 27th birthday as well :) This is the very first we have ever spent apart :( Luckily I was able to see the other birthday girl via Skype last night! :)
Oh how I wish she had been home :( Last night I celebrated our special day with my family. Here are a couple of photos:

*Me and my sweet papa and younger seester Madeline :) I'm going to be her MOH this summer and I cannot wait :) 
*My parents always buy us balloons for our birthdays and mine are always pink :) It was hard this year as you can imagine with only one set of balloons :( Me and my honey Philip :) 

Every birthday my mom makes us a special dinner where we get to choose whatever we want. You can imagine this can get kinda hectic for my mom having one carnivorous twinkie and the other a vegetarian twinkie :) Well this year I still made it kinda complicated for my mom! I decided what I wanted was a menu of appetizers. I LOVE finger foods so much! And my amazing mom made some of the very best:
*How sweet is my mom to oblige my craving for the petite treats :) She made me the most delicious bean nacho dip, prosciutto quiche, taco dip and cheese and cracker tray. Of course no Lechuga meal is complete without rice! So she made some fried rice :) 
*She made me cupcakes instead of cake to match the finger food theme :) And she made my favourite cake - strawberry cake with chocolate fudge icing!! Heavenly!!! :) And what cupcake would be complete without Posh Spice?! haha That little doll has been on many a birthday cake! haha My mom placed Victoria on my cake since she said I didn't have a small Brit Brit one :) hahaha
I have had an AMAZING day!!! I cannot tell you how loved and special I feel from all the sweet gifts, cards, birthday calls, wishes, texts, emails and facebook! Thanks to everyone who took the time to wish me and Micaela a Happy Birthday :) It truly means the entire world to us! 
*I love this man with all my heart! 

Tonight my husband is taking me on a movie date :) I chose this one:


I cannot wait!!! I love Emily Blunt!!! 

So far 27 has been pretty amazing!!! ;) Thanks to all of you! I thank God for another year full of family and friends. I've truly been blessed and truly spoiled! :) xo

Make sure you go and wish my beautiful twinkie soul Micaela a very Happy Birthday! :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment