LinkWithin

Thursday, March 17, 2011

It's been a year....

without beer for me! Last St. Patty's Day I had my last beer (and it was green of course!) It's not like I was an alcoholic or anything, but this Texas gal liked her Bud Light a little too much...



And this stuff...


even more! Blue Moon was my beer of choice :) 

I never even use to like beer. Not in high school. Not in college. My bff Steph and I use to tease each other even saying "eeewwww you're a beer drinker!!!"when we both finally gave in. When BWW came to town and Philip and I started going regularly my drink was my beloved apple martini (still my most favourite drink ever!). But as you know mixed drinks can get a pricey when you're hitting happy hour or BWW as much as I was doing with my friends or husband after work. So somewhere along the way I switched to beer. They call it a beer belly for a reason. 

After gaining so much weight, I decided to start really working out and get back to where I use to be. After three months of working out pretty hardcore, I could tell I was losing weight, but not at the rate I thought I should be. I knew something had to give. And for me it was the beer. So I had my last one with my girlfriends Erin and Yarei as we celebrated St. Patty's Day last year.

So today as I celebrate this personal goal of mine and St. Patrick's Day, it definitely won't be with a green beer! :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment