LinkWithin

Monday, March 14, 2011

St. Patty's Day Fun!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! :) I started the weekend off right by shopping with my BFF Steph! It's been SO long since I have been shopping. I found some cute jean capris. I wasn't too sure about them actually because I am real weary about capris making my legs look shorter than they already are. But Steph convinced me that they were cute and I can't wait to wear them :)

Saturday I participated in my fifth 5K. The YMCA threw a Shamrock fun run downtown to kick off the annual downtown St. Patrick's Day street festival. I ran with my friends Erik and Miles.
Pre-Race photos
I have known Erik for years through Micaela. They use to work together way back when and were the best of friends. This boy was SMITTEN with Micaela for years. After all this time they've remained good friends. Of course my biggest fan was there on the sidelines to cheer me on - my sweet and supportive daddy :) This was my co-worker Blaine's wife Tamara's first 5K and it was so much fun to see them there (bottom right photo above).

Racing towards the finish line! How come I am
 the only one sweating?!
 I sweat like a man I swear!
Actually more than a man as you can tell
seeing the two men next to me haha
I love seeing my dad after my runs.
He is always so proud of me and he walks
with me afterwards as I cool down.

I finished in 27:27! After a victory meal at a local sandwich shop with Erik and Miles, I rushed home to get ready for  the rest of the night's festivities.

The Shamrocks in my headband lit up :)
Guess who served us our drinks? :)
Our sweet, sweet Jessie helping out her
beloved Iron Horse Pub :)

I love my green eyed gal Steph! I was sad my life partner didn't
get to stay later with me.
 I always arrive late and her sister was ready to leave :(
Still so glad I got to see her :)
 It's been a bit of a tradition of ours to go together.

Melissa and I went to college together (with Jess and Micaela!) and
Jillian (who I also met through Micaela way back
 in the day. They use to be roommates once upon a time!)

 We had such a fun time enjoying the Irish music in the beautiful weather!

I ended the weekend just as I had started it, shopping! This time with my mom :) I bought the most beautiful yellow dress, denim shorts and the cutest pair of wedges you've ever seen with a gift card my seester Madeline gave me for my birthday :) Can't wait to show them off to you guys! Along with my other birthday gifts (so far behind! I know my birthday was a week ago, but I'll get to that post eventually!)

How was your weekend?
Are you lucky enough to be off this week for Spring Break? A friend and I were just reminiscing about one unforgetable Spring Break. Oh how I miss Spring Break!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment