LinkWithin

Monday, April 4, 2011

WrestleMania Weekend!

The weekends go by entirely too fast! And what a fun weekend it was :) I kicked off WrestleMania weekend by dancing with my friends on Friday night at Denim & Diamonds. Despite going to bed at an indecent time, I somehow managed to keep my usual Saturday morning date with the gym with my Pump class. The weather was absolutely gorgeous on Saturday and I took advantage of it. First with a run after the gym and then meeting my friend Lauren and her best friend Erin (who was visiting her from out of town) at the local flea market.


*There's nothing more refreshing on a warm day then a cup of fresh fruit! Delicioius!

I found the cutest pair of sunglasses for $5 and this little treasure for $1.50 :
I mean how awesome is it to find a little HBK action figure on WrestleMania weekend?!? :)

Afterwards we got a little more retail therapy with a trip to the mall (where I scored two summer shirts in navy (one of my most favourite colours!) at Old Navy for under $15!)

That night Philip and I went out with some friends to our home away from home (Buffalo Wild Wings) to take in the Rangers game and March Madness.
*Me and Jillian - love this girl!

Again, after getting to bed in the early morning hours, I somehow managed to get up early and keep my date with God :) He's the best date after all :) My parents, Auntie Thess and I indulged in a huge lunch afterwards:
I am so blessed!



All day Sunday I was counting down to one thing....

WrestleMania 27!!!!

And I had the most fantastic date for WrestleMania as well. The beautiful, sweet darling Karina!!!! :) We shared secrets (ask her about the cuuuuuuuuutest story from her childhood that involves a certain wrestler...it seems our Kary had HULKAMANIA fever! hahaha) as we watched together commenting on the matches. I loved it! :)

My mom spoiled me and made me a special dinner (pancit! Filipino noodle dish that is SO yummy!) and chocolate chip pecan cookies just for the special occasion. I must have ate a dozen cookies, but I didn't care - this is WrestleMania ya'll!! :) It only comes once a year! :) I was in heaven!

And of course just like for any date, you have to wear the perfect outfit. This was my WrestleMania equivilant of the Little Black Dress:
Even better than WrestleMania? The 2011 Hall of Fame induction ceremony that I just got done watching on USA. Talk about emotional...
I bawled before he even came out. I cried watching the video that paid tribute to his amazing career. I cried when Triple H introduced him. I cried when HBK gave his speech. And I COMPLETELY lost it when I saw him thank and kiss his two beautiful children and his lucky, lucky wife. Such a beautiful moment! I love this man with my entire heart. Always and forever!

While I watched WrestleMania on Sunday, guess what was recording in the other room?

My sexy Brit Brit's MTV Special! It was seriously my night :) love, love, love!!!!!

Perfect end to a perfect weekend! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment