LinkWithin

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Scenes from my weekend

As soon as I got off work on Friday, I changed into my pj's and crawled into bed. I had fantasized about a nap the whole work day long in order to recover from starting the weekend early on Thursday night and staying out until 2 AM (only have to wake up early for work on Friday).

I had planned to meet Philip out when I woke up. But as soon as I woke up I was feeling SO groogy. I called my mom and as fate would have it her and my dad were en route to Sonic. Greasy cheesburger and tator tots stole me away from a night out with my husband. He was with his two best guy friends anyway so I knew he wouldn't miss me too much :) ha My mom and I had a date with netflix and had a "My So-Called Life" marathon. We watched all our favourite Jordan and Angela bits:

Ohhhh man. Don't you just want to be kissed by Jordan Catalono??? Micaela was IN LOVE with Jared Leto. In love. I remember we would go through all the "Seventeen" magazines and cut out his pictures just for her. And I will never forget saving up all my money to buy a Brad Pitt biography I had been coveting at the local book store. I was soooo excited as we walked into the store and I picked the book up with the sexy Brad on the cover finally knowing in just a matter of minutes it would be mine. That's when I heard twinkie's scream a row over. I went to go see what she was swooning over and it turns out there was a "My So-Called Life" paper back based on the show. Well naturally I took one look at her and knew that Mr. Pitt was going to have to wait. And she read and re-read that book I bought her until it was coming apart.
 When I watch shows like this one I miss being in high school. My Jordan Catalano was a boy named Daniel. Oh memories.

Friday night I also had a chat date with my soul mate April...who also happens to be the beautiful birthday girl!!!
 Happy 21st Birthday my darling girl!!!! :) Please be sure and wish my soul mate a very happy birthday! :) I love this girl! She makes me smile on a daily basis.

Speaking of birthday wishes...a million thank you's to all of you for the very sweet wishes you gave me! Your thoughtful comments made my day!!!

I had such a great, chill, relaxing Friday night. Saturday I woke up refreshed. I got up earlier than usual and decided to go for a run. As I jammed out to Britney on my three mile run, I kept thinking how much I couldn't wait to do this in Central Park! I'm SO excited about NYC!!! :) Only a matter of weeks now :) Afterwards, I went to the gym for my usual pump and spin class. I love my Saturday morning routine. It really is my "me" time. After all that working out, I was famished!! So I met a friend at Chili's and consumed a huge lunch that included french fries and canceled out all my exercising :) haha

Once Philip got off work we took our baby boys to get their shots. Still without a name, we put Jones down on our baby's paperwork. I thought that sealed the deal. But Philip still isn't sure he's a Jones. OMG right??
 Phoenix had some great suggestions. The one Philip liked the most was Obi Wan Kenobi, because he's a huge Star Wars fan. I said Luke Skywalker. Luke & Logan - pretty perfect wouldn't you agree?!?! Alas, my husband is too picky. Good thing we're not trying to name actual babies here!

That night my super sweet and talented friends Jillian and Kerri had some pieces in an art show at a local gallery. My father is also an artist and so I took hin as my date.
 *Kerri, Jill and me hanging out with Bob Dylan (the gallery owner painted that) /  Jill and me with one of her amazing pieces
 *Afterwards my dad took me out for ice cream. I couldn't decide on which flavour I wanted more, so I decided to have both (again I do all that working out just so I can eat like crap haha the Strawberry and Butter Pecan was an amazing combo!
I then met up with my lover at Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Mavs play and win the first round of the NBA playoffs :) We're about to head there now to watch the Boston Celtics game (I love Paul Pierce!) and the Rangers take on the Yankees. Good end to a great weekend :)

One more pic from my weekend :) After services today, we had a huge brisket lunch at church. Here's me and my momma (sorry for the bad mobile pic!)
Hope you guys had just as lovely a weekend as I did full of food, family and friends. I can't wait to read all about it! xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment