LinkWithin

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Sunday

Easter is one of my favourite holidays! I had such an amazing one this year. Church was so uplifting! My spirit felt renewed and my heart just full of joy. Afterwards my family and I ate at one of my favourite restaurants - Samurai of Tokyo - delicious Japanese hibachi!




After spending time with my amazing family, we went over to Philip's sister's house to spend time with his amazing family. I am truly blessed! We had such a good time laughing with everyone. Afterwards, Philip took me on a special movie date. I stayed up until 4 AM on Friday night reading "Water for Elephants" because I just could not put it down. I was so excited because my bff Stephanie and I had plans to go see it on Saturday afternoon. She ended up not being able to make it. With the book fresh in my mind I still wanted to go ahead and see it so I was going to go alone (Philip was working 2-10. Have you guys ever gone to a movie alone? For some reason the thought of this was causing me so much grief. A little pep talk from my soul mate April gave me the courage to go see a movie alone. The mall was crazy busy and by the time I found a parking spot the movie was already starting. Figuring I still had time since I would just miss the previews, I walked in only to find the longest line for the movies! By this point the movie had already started so I ended up leaving heartbroken.) If you knew my husband, you would know that unless it's Harry Potter or a movie based on a comic book, it's like pulling teeth to make him go to the movies. We hardly agree on the same movies so it's always a fight or a comprimise before we end up watching anything. He definitely was not thrilled to go see a movie starring "the guy from "Twilight." Based on all the chick flicks and romantic dramas I love, he was under the wrong impression of what the movie was going to be about. Still, my sweet husband decided he was going to take me :) Such a sweet gesture! :) I was so happy!!! It really meant a lot to me (it's the simple things!)
The movie was so beautiful!! And pleasantly stayed pretty true to the book. I love Reese just as much as Robert. I'm so glad I got to see it. And luckily Philip ended up enjoying it to :)

Tonight after working out at the gym with my girlfriend Yarei, I came home to Philip cooking hamburgers on the grill :) Needless to say I canceled out my sweat session with delicious cheeseburgers (he makes the best ones!) chips and ranch and cookies for dessert. I'm one happy girl sitting next to my husband, he with one puppy (who still has no name!! OMG) and me with Logan watching the Dallas Mavericks. Life is good xoxo

Hope everyone had an amazing Easter and a great start to the week!!!

p.s. I stayed up late on Saturday night thanks to this love of mine:


Makes me tear up!! I am desperately in love with the character Denny Duquette of "Grey's Anatomy." I looooove Jeffrey Dean Morgan. He's the epitome of sexy to me. That show could never be better than season 2 and I stayed up until almost 4 AM a second night in a row watching all the Denny and Izzy moments on the show via youtube. Now I can't stop thinking about him! I'm SO far behind on this show, like two seasons. I think it's time to revisit Seattle Grace again :) Thank goodness for netflix.

0 comments:

Post a Comment