LinkWithin

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Counting down to the Royal Wedding! :)

I am SOOOO excited that we are really only hours away to the Royal Wedding!!
I am of course going to be one of the crazy Americans who sets my alarm at 4 AM to get up to watch the fairy tale wedding unfold as it happens in real time. I love, love, love Kate and cannot wait to see what a beautiful bride she will be!

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love London. I'm obsessed. In my heart I know I belong there. My whole living room is decorated in London decor. Many of you have generously and thoughtfully added to my London collection. I can't tell you how much it means to me whenever you do. It's not that easy finding London decorations compared to Paris or even Italy, so it makes me the happiest girl in the world! :) My sweet, sweet Mandy sent me the most amazing gift in perfect timing for the special occasion...
She sent me the most adorable little lamp that casts a shadow of the London skyline:
*I wore my Union Jack necklace to work today in honour of the Big Day. It was a gift from the lovely M! I just love it so much!

I cannot get over how adorable it is

When you place a tea light in the center and place the cover over I have the most beautiful silhouette of the city I love. It looks like London at sunset or sunrise. It really is just sooo amazing! I just sat there looking at my sweet lamp daydreaming of my heaven on earth! Thank you so much my darling Mandy for giving me such a unique and beautiful gift!!! xoxo

I received so many beautiful things for my birthday and I have yet to post them even though it's been almost two months ago!!! :( I'm SO sorry I'm so far behind. I promise to catch up and share all the amazing gifts that I received from all my lovely blog friends :)

Remember when I posted about this amazing swap hosted by beautiful Jess? *Like I said I'm SO far behind in my present posting :(

Jess and I are "real life" girlfriends and since she knows me so well she knew I would be thrilled to be matched up with an English girl :) So she matched me up with sweet Claire and I am so happy she did!

 The swap was to send your partner something from Etsy. I've been eyeing this and luckily thanks to Claire I finally have it to frame and display in my living room amongst my other London stuff :)


*Because my heart truly does belong there

Claire didn't stop there. She continued to spoil me by sending me a little something extra straight from her home in England.


*How beautiful is this little tray? Perfect to sit my perfume on top of or a place to put my jewelry! I just loooove it!
I'm so thrilled to have met Claire! To read about what I sent her please visit her here.

I miss London with all my heart. Luckily thanks to Erin's "London Loves" posts, I can pretend I am where I belong. Even though it's never been my home, I feel so homesick for it so often :(

Oh to be in London tomorrow when all the festivites take place :(
But I will be up watching. So if any of you are watching this side of the pond, feel free to text/call/facebook me your thoughts on Kate's dress :)

xoxo

p.s. ONLY TWO DAYS UNTIL NYC!!!!!! :) Well less than two really! I cannot wait! I'm sooo excited to hug my twinkie again and to hug Karina for the first time! We just got off the phone and I just can't wait to finally get to hang out wiith her! It's going to be simply amazing!


0 comments:

Post a Comment