LinkWithin

Monday, December 13, 2010

A perfect 10

My friend (and twinkie's bestie) Maria & I took part in the 2o10 YMCA Holiday Hustle 10K. After finishing four 5Ks I decided it was time to put myself to the challenge and try harder to reach another personal goal. And challenge it was!!!!!!
The Monday before I decided to run on the treadmill for some practice. It took me exactly an hour to do the whole 6.1 miles.

I was so proud I snapped a picture on my mobile! ha This is including my five minute cool down. Still I was extremely nervous because I knew being outside you have to figure in the resistance of the pavement etc. and the wind (not to mention how cold it was!) Plus I wouldn't have a TV right in front of me to watch the Monday Night Football preview to take my mind off the fact that I'm running haha

I kept my pace and finished my first 10K in 1 hour and 33 seconds! :) I'm not going to lie - it was hard! I've never been happier to see the finish line. But I've never felt better after a run! A couple of months ago I would never have dreamt I could finish a 10K. I am not a natural runner. I've had to work really hard at it. I remember going running with Maria and twinkie and I could NEVER keep up. I couldn't even run a mile. Heck, there was a time I couldn't even run 5 minutes straight!! Now I'm able to run an hour straight. I thank God for the ability that he gave me to do it.
Here are a couple of pics from the event: *Of course my biggest fan was there on the sidelines to cheer me on - my papa!!!! :) It really helps me that he always comes to support me :) That's my DX (as in the best WWE tag team ever HBK and Triple H!) sweatband I'm wearing. I'm prob. jamming to Brit Brit :) My husband works in retail so he works a lot of weekends (esp now in the holiday season). As timing would have it, he's always at work anytime I have a run and anytime I don't he's off. Sad right? Good thing I have my daddy!
*I always feel like a dork wearing my sweatband, but I sweat entirely too much. Even if it's freezing, which it was that morning!

*So happy to be done! :) I even got to celebrate with Santa and the Mrs :)

I owe a lot to a special little someone for getting me through the tough bits of the run. Karina's sweet, sweet Miguelito. That same morning was a big day for him as well. He was testing for his red belt in karate. I kept thinking of him and his big event during mine to get me through it :) I knew he was going to give his all and I needed to do the same.


Nothing made me happier than Karina's proud and happy text message earlier tonight telling me the good news! Her baby boy made it!!! He is now a red belt :) I was just as excited! I knew he could do it and I am SO proud of him. I love them both so very much! If you don't know sweet Karina please visit her blog and fall in love with her and her precious Miguelito. His gorgeous smile makes my day SO many times! Congratulations dear Miguelito!

0 comments:

Post a Comment