LinkWithin

Friday, December 17, 2010

Bah, humbug!

I felt like this little girl yesterday afternoon. Earlier this week I got in my car to leave and my car wouldn't start properly. It was almost like I had no gas, but I did. It kept stalling and then dying. I know nothing about cars (and one of my best guy friends who does and was always my personal mechanic joined the Air Force and moved away to Washington. Oh how I miss you Russell! And not just when I am having car trouble I promise :) but I kept crossing my fingers it wasn't anything bad. Since the car wouldn't start, I had to get it towed in order to get it to the shop.
Yesterday I got a call back from the mechanic and now I'm out $600. Boo :( Dang bad fuel pump :( The $6o0 covers the cost of the tow, labor, part etc. I was SO bummed yesterday. I mean I know it could always be a lot worse. And there are people out there dealing with "real" problems. Luckily I also don't have children yet, so even though this seriously sucks to fork over that much money with Christmas right around the corner, it's not like it's taking away from presents under the tree for any little ones. That's me trying to be optimistic. It's just bad timing. And for some reason, I seriously always seem to have the worst luck when it comes to cars *knock on wood* so I think that's what was frustrating most of all.

Here is what cured my car trouble blues:

Dinner, Milano cookies and this adorable movie with my parents and sis Madeline:
*CUTEST cartoon!!! Those little girls just stole my heart, the littlest one in particular - Agnes - who reminded all of us of my niece Sophie. And like any cartoon you WILL tear up! I know I did plenty of times.

And sweet Karina also brought a smile to my face. First with photos of her darling baby Miguelito from his Belt Ceremony (oh what I wouldn't give to have been there!!)
*His smile makes me so happy every single time!!! He melts my heart!!!!
*Congratulations again sweetie pie on your Red Belt!*
It was funny because Karina told me not to forget my fuzzy socks when I watched the cartoon and as soon as I got that message, I snapped this picture on my phone to send to her:
*My blackberry has no flash so sorry it's so dark. My feet look big don't they? I really only wear a 7.5, but they look bigger in this photo lol

To which she replied back with this pic:
*Karina's fuzzy socks! :)
I love you Karina! Thanks for making my day better. One day we really will enjoy some of our James McAvoy movies in our fuzzy socks together :)

TGIF!!!! I'm looking forward to some r&r this weekend. Which includes my free massage for winning the contest at the gym :) I haven't had a massage in so long and so I am really looking forward to tomorrow!
Hopefully it will also help me start feeling better. I started feeling like I was coming down with a cold last night. My co-worker Laura has been sick (poor thing) and a lot of my friends have been sick as well. I'm praying I don't get sick. I've already taken some meds just in case.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment