LinkWithin

Friday, September 10, 2010

Welcoming the weekend with Open Arms

TGIF!!!! :) Even though this was a short week, I'm SOOOOO glad it's Friday! :) Today's been a great day so far - awesome day at work and I just got back from a fun lunch date with my amazing family - Philip, my parents and seester Madeline at Fuzzy Taco's. Football season officially kicked off last night which means a happy husband (who will be even happier if his Cowboys win on Sunday!). So now it's time to play along with Lauren's Fill in the Blanks on this lovely Friday!


1. The strangest thing I've ever eaten is calf fries. I had no idea what they were until after I had ate one. A youth minister I had a crush on (haha) at church camp gave me one to eat and I nearly puked after he told me what I had just consumed.


2. I wouldn't be caught dead in stilettos because I would look like a fool - it's such a shame but I cannot walk in high heels! My twin sister LOVES high heels and would wear them even in her TV reporter days when she'd be on her feet all day chasing a story. It just seems so uncomfortable to me. I use to make fun of my bff for wearing trainers out to the bar, because I use to be one of those girls who hardly EVER wore trainers. Now I wear trainers just as much as I wear dress shoes :) But only to work out, not to the bar haha

3. When I am 75 I will.... hopefully be a grandmother.

4. If I had to be named after a place I would want to be named London. I seriously am considering naming my future daughter this or perhaps as a middle name. Other UK inspired names I've played around with as far as future baby names are Cambridge (call her Cam for short perhaps? Reminds me of the Baby-Sitters Club and Mary Anne (I loved having a character with the same name as me!) who had a crush on a singer whose name was Cam Gary! Funny I remember that :) Twinkie and I LOVED that series! I also like the name Britain (I'd call her Brit Brit for short just as I affectionally call my girlfriend Britney Spears). Of course there's Ben (Big Ben of course)and Jack (Union Jack!)for boys .

5. My name is "Marianne" - because all of my family member's have names that start with an "M" and my Lola's name is Marina so it's a slight variation of hers. I have no middle name. But I kept my maiden name together with my married name so now I technically have two last names :)

6. My all time favorite photo is The one on my blog header. I had dreamed of London ever since I was a little girl and when I finally made it there I just can't even put into words what that meant to me. The sheer happiness of seeing Big Ben in person is a moment I won't ever forget. I literally was in awe. *disclaimer: There are SO many different pictures I can name here (wedding, family, my nephew etc.*

7. If I could afford it I would have a flat in London.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!!! xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment