LinkWithin

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wee Bit Wednesday!

I love answering and reading q&a's and I can't believe I have yet to play along on Leigh's Wee Bit Wednesdays. So here is my very first one :)


{one} what was your first pet and how did you come up with its name?
The first family pet I can remember us having was a white mutt named Gizmo when we lived in the Philippines. He was mainly my older brother Chet's dog. He use to give him baths using Pert Plus and I remember my sister Maria saying she could not think of Gizmo anytime she smelt Pert Plus :) I got a little teary eyed thinking of our closest family pet who we lost a year ago. Our sweet chihuauha Mooshi who we miss still. Dogs truly are man's best friends! I can't wait to see twinkie's puppy post later today :)

{two} do you like your ice crushed or cubed?
Actually I prefer very little ice. Sometimes I even prefer no ice - I guess I'm a little European that way :)

{three} do you believe in love at first sight?
Realistically I would say no. But I have to admit, I can honestly remember EXACTLY what Philip was wearing the very first time I ever saw him 9 years ago. He walked into work wearing a yellow long sleeve polo with his sleeves rolled up, tucked into his khaki pants. I was instantly transformed into a giddy school girl with a MAD crush. I was shameless when it came to pursuing him. I just had to have him :)

{four} do you have any nicknames?
My family nickname has always been Monise (not sure where that came from, but it's something I have been called by my parents and siblings forever) my mom also likes to call me "meow meow." Twinkie soul by my Micaela. And of course my long time nickname with both family and friends and the one you are most familiar with "Marz" (also my buzztime trivia handle or name whenever I go bowling etc). When I was in middle school in Bitburg, Germany my girlfriends, twin and I were all in love with the boy band Take That. (of course Twinkie and I STILL love Take That to this day! Somethings never change haha) My favourite member was Gary Barlow whose nickname is Gaz. So my friend Barbara started calling me Marz :) And the name stuck. I love that nickname!

{five} what movie do you never get tired of watching?
Dirty Dancing. Notting Hill. Bird on a Wire. The Sound of Music. Becoming Jane. Labyrinth. Any of the Harry Potters (with Philip). The list could go on and on! And I do literally mean that :) I just love movies! I have a tendency to pop in a DVD and just watch my favourite parts over and over. Kinda like I do with music. I repeatedly play a favourite song and listen to it over and over :)

{six} how do you like your eggs cooked?
scrambled! I hate eggs any other way (besides hard boiled. I do like hard boiled eggs!). I could eat scrambled eggs ANY TIME. I love egg sandwiches :)

{seven} are you named after anyone in particular?
My lola's name is Marina (who my adorable niece was named after) so my name came about partly for her. My entire family all have names that start with "M."

{eight} what are three things that you would like to do that you haven’t done yet?
run a 5K (which I am hoping to accomplish next month for Race for the Cure, be maid of honor at my twinkie's wedding, be a mother

{nine} what one thing always brightens your mood?
Family. My twinkie and my mom ALWAYS brighten my mood.

{ten} what five things will you always find in your purse?
wallet/check book, carmex (I'm ADDICTED to it!) pony tail holder, makeup, gum

0 comments:

Post a Comment