LinkWithin

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Welcome Home Soldier!

For nearly a year my mother had the Blue Star Service banner hanging on the door to our house. For those of you who might not be familar with what this flag symbolizes, it is an official banner that family members of service members in harm's way can display. A symbol of pride in honour of their loved one who is serving and to remind others that preserving America’s freedom demands much. This past week with great joy and sheer happiness, she was able to take it down!
Saturday we welcomed home my darling brother Marco & his Christina (who also served in Iraq with Marco). You might remember hearing about Christina through twinkie's post here. It was nice to finally "meet" her after skyping with her back in July. She is a doll! So sweet with the cutest laugh! She just fit in with our crazy, loud family so naturally. Instantly she got the "seal" of approval from his two sisters who are here (any girl my brother has ever brought home has to go through the harshest critic - our youngest sister Madeline! She's tough! She only wants the best for her brothers :) and from Mom who just adored her.

*God Bless our soliders!!!
*Madeline, Christina (check out Domo on her shirt! Marco LOVES Domo!) and me
*At Addison's Ice Cream (I LOVE their Key Lime pie flavour!)

It was so nice to hug my brother again. In that moment it made knowing he is home and safe "real." We got to spend all of Saturday with them and then a couple of hours tonight. They got here around 5. We started watching "Iron Man 2" but as soon as it was 7:00 I had to put the TV on "Glee" much to the complaining of my father who does not share my love of Brit Brit! We had a fun family dinner. One of the things I love the most about my family is the laughter. My mom's laugh is contagious! At one point during the evening we started laughing so hard our sides were hurting! We were literally laughing for 10 minutes straight until I had tears rolling down my face! We all missed Micaela more than anything and wished she was home too.
When 9:00 rolled around it was time for them to head back. Luckily the base they are at before they go home to Arizona is only about 45 mins away from here. They will go back to Arizona tomorrow. Hopefully my brother will be back next month while he is on leave. He just left but already we want him back home!

Thank you God for protecting Marco, Christina and all the other soldiers serving our country. Thanks to all of you who supported Marco - it truly made a difference to his well being while he was over there. He appreciated all your prayers & care packages! Thank you God for making me the happiest sister in the world :) It's good to have my brother back!

0 comments:

Post a Comment