LinkWithin

Monday, September 6, 2010

If you like slice of life movies

Let me recommend two that I watched today thanks to netflix (best thing ever!! I love just watching movies on my lap top with my earphones while Philip is watching college football). I just got through watching


Because relationships are complicated, I appreciate an honest, relatable & real love story. If you liked "500 Days of Summer" you will appreciate this movie because it has that same out of sequence story telling that depicts the highs and lows of a relationship. I really loved this movie! More so then my first movie choice earlier today
The other morning Micaela texted me about the ending scene of "Castaway" and we went on and on about how it makes us bawl every time. I guess Helen Hunt was on my mind since that conversation so I decided to watch this one that she stared, directed and produced. I also love Colin Firth and Bette Midler (she's just plain fabulous!). It wasn't my favourite movie, but I appreciated Helen's incredible talent in a couple scenes.

Both were great for a lazy Labor Day. (I didn't even put on makeup today) If you guys have any suggestions for my netflix que please let me know :)
I can't believe it's already back to the daily grind tomorrow *sigh* but I just got a text from my lovely Lauren saying let's go boogie and have a girl's night on Saturday. I'm SOOO in! :) I got to spend time with her lovely sister Mehle (I love my Armstrong sisters with my whole heart. They were there for me through one of my darkest times! I literally can not thank them enough for everything they have done for me. Thank you Lo for always making me feel like everything will always be okay!) this past Saturday and we were just talking about how much we needed a good girl's night! So already I'm looking forward to next weekend. I hope everyone has a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment