LinkWithin

Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Mecca

I am very relaxed, tan(ner) and perhaps a tad bit heavier (thanks to the wonderful fresh seafood, Cuban food and amazing Key Lime pie I indulged in) then when I last posted thanks to my wonderful impromptu vacation that was EXACTLY what I needed! I had an AMAZING time with my wonderful seester Maria and her husband Frank in Tampa. Florida has always been my mecca. My most favourite escape. The beach has quite literally been my haven. There's something about being on the coast of somewhere beautiful that calms me. While I was in college the beach provided an escape from my studies. When I started my first job after college and was completely miserable, I escaped again to the beach. Before this vacation, it had been two very long years since I had been to the beach. If I could live anywhere besides London, I would live near the sea. It soothes me.


*St. Pete
*Beach BUM! I couldn't wait to get in the water!

*Love the white sandy shores

*Relaxing in the sun

*The seagulls were MALICIOUS trying to steal our lunch! They were persistant!


*The water of the Gulf of Mexico was SO warm! And luckily so clean - no tar despite the oil spill
*Clearwater Beach was absolutely gorgeous!

I am SO thankful for this holiday and for being able to be a beach bum. I will post some more about my vacation soon. I've missed all of you and can't wait to catch up on your lives. xo
"After all this time
After all this season
After your own decision to go to the water for a reason
It's only the ocean and you
And all of this lines will be earased soon
They'll go out with the tide and come back with the waves
It's only the ocean and you
You don't wait
You don't wait
You don't love but you don't hate
You just roll over me
And you pull me in
And this work is done
And this cold is dry
When this world's too much
It will be only the ocean and me"
-Only the Ocean, Jack Johnson

0 comments:

Post a Comment