LinkWithin

Saturday, August 28, 2010

My weekend was just as good as Key Lime pie

I can't believe it's already Sunday again. There's something so depressing about being on the eve of yet another work week (and this week is going to be a BUSY one) and another wonderful weekend ending. This weekend was definitely one of indulgence. I actually just got back from eating a HUGE lunch with my parents after church. Did I mention how much I love my parents?? Twinkie and I seriously have the best ones :) On Friday night my mom and I had a date. She made our dinner:

*Beef Salad (lettuce, mint leaves, cilantro, cucumbers, fresh chili, onion, lemon and of course beef. I love it when my mom makes this! It's delicious and my kind of salad :)

One of my favourite desserts is Key Lime Pie. I have been CRAVING some Key Lime pie. I'm addicted to those Dannon Light & Fit Key Lime yogurts. I found a recipe on a blog on Glamour.com for a lucious (and light!) Key Lime Pie and my mom and I decided to try it out.

*I LOVE limes! Lime is my favourite flavour of anything. When I took this pic I was thinking of how much I missed my lime in Coronas :( Man it's been SO long since I have had a Corona ha
*Truth be told I am not a cook or a baker. I can't do either. But this pie really is that simple! It literally takes 10 minutes to whip it up! It's so easy even I can do it (without my mom's help next time hahaha)

*My mama's hands adding the lime zest :)
*Voila! Our tasty, healthier version of Key Lime Pie!
My mom and I started watching Gossip Girl together after season 1 had come out. We rented all the DVDs and were hooked! This past season, season 3, we started to watch in "real" time on TV, but after missing a couple of episodes we decided to just wait until the DVDs come out and play catch up. So we decided to have a Gossip Girl marathon. I was SOOO excited to finally catch up on Serena! (Mom loves Blair and Chuck)
*We had Dad take this pic of us :)
Funny thing is we were WAY farther into season 3 then I had remembered. I thought we had only watched maybe 3 or 4 episodes tops. So we only rented disc 1 and 2. When we popped them in to see where it was we had left off it turned out we had seen every episode except the LAST one on disc 2!!! So much for our marathon :( We should have rented discs 3,4,5 but we didn't remember having watched so much on TV. I think we might do that later today :)

*Gossip Girl & Key Lime pie is a delicious combo!
I cherish my relationship with my mom. We have such a great time together and I just love spending time at home with my parents. Another family I love to spend time with is my bff Steph's family. Saturday I went to celebrate this cute little guy on his 3rd birthday:
*Her precious nephew Gavin and his mom Lacy (Steph's sis)
Gavin is the sweetest little boy!! All day he kept saying thank you to everyone and he kept telling his mom "Thank you for my birthday party, Mommy." It was just darling!! We had such a good time! We swam and I indulged BIG time!! I drank wine in the afternoon, ate a hamburger AND a hot dog, potato salad AND macoroni salad, cheetos AND dorritos, and that firetruck birthday cake tasted just as good as it looks!!! :) But it was all so good and so worth it. My bff's family is so kind and mean so much to me. They make me feel part of their family. I love her sister Leah SO much!
Later that day after Philip got off work we headed over to our favourite hangout, our home away from home: Buffalo Wild Wings. We took in the Cowboys game (oh how the boys dissapoint!! They better shape up ASAP! :*( and then watched UFC (I love it!)
It was a most perfect weekend!!! :) I just realised that this week won't be toooo bad because the upcoming weekend is a four day weekend with Labor Day!!! That's def something to look forward to. Hope everyone else had as good a weekend as Key Lime pie like I did :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment