LinkWithin

Sunday, August 8, 2010

One of the highlights of my holiday

One of the highlights of my Florida holiday was getting to meet beautiful, sweet Shelly of Green Chic. One of the things I love the most about blogging is the connections we make. Before I started blogging and before I "knew" you, I felt like I already knew you through Micaela. I lived vicariously through her blog and I listened eagerly as she told me about all of you. So when I started my own blog and got to know you personally, I was hooked. I loved reading your posts, loved looking at your beautiful photos. Shelly and I began exchanging emails when I was planning my trip to Chicago. She gave me tips on what to see and do while I was in her hometown and the city she loves :) And I was jealous she lived in Florida and hung out with one of my favourite bands ever "Hootie & the Blowfish" (we also share a love of Jack Johnson!) I was smitten with Shelly from the beginning. It made my day when she wrote this post. So when I found out I was going to be in Florida I immediately emailed her to see how far Tampa was from where she lived. I was so scared she was going to say 6 hours or some other impossible distance. But she made me the happiest girl by saying it was only an hour away and she would not mind making the road trip to see me! I was so touched! :) I was so excited about meeting her in "real life." I talked to her for the first time on the phone that weekend to make plans and it was just like talking to any old friend. Before our lunch date while I waited for her to pick Maria and I up from our hotel I was a little nervous. What if she didn't like me? What if we didn't have anything to talk about? Which I knew I shouldn't even be worried about because I knew that wasn't going to happen, but still - it's only natural to have that nervous feeling that comes with what essentially was a "blind date." My very first "blog meet up" and I couldn't be happier that it was Shelly. We had a delicious lunch at Season 52 (this restaurant has seasonally inspired cooking so they always have the freshest ingredients and get this - every item is under 475 calories!!! Wish we had one of those in Texas!)

*I had the Wild Organic Arugula salad and a roasted eggplant flatbread - yummy! And a mini indulgence of the Key Lime pie

I loved the ease and flow in our conversation. You would never know we were "strangers" until that moment. But then again, we aren't really strangers. I opened my heart up to Shelly and that kind of intamacy only happens in the closest of friendships. I felt as if I could tell Shelly anything. Maria felt that way too. We both just fell in love with her! Micaela was so jealous she wasn't there. I wish and I know Shelly wished that my twinkie was there. My sincere thanks Shelly for making the drive to see me. It means so much to me! I wish our visit could have been longer. Thank you for making my trip to Florida that much more memorable.

*My seester Maria & Shelly

Shelly sweetly said that if I ever needed to come to Florida for a little R&R I have a place to stay. I may just have to take you up on that offer one of these days ;) xoxo darling!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment