LinkWithin

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

For My Philip

Philip and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary last week (we've been married 3 of those years). I have loved him since I was 17. I can't believe it's been 9 years since that first date. Sometimes it seems like just yesterday. I remember exactly what he was wearing the first time I ever laid eyes on him. I was SMITTEN from the very beginning. I remember wishing and wanting so badly for him to feel the same way about me. Awww it was such a school girl crush! I would literally get weak in the knees when I was around him.
We've been through so much over the years. And it hasn't always been easy. At times it's been hard. really hard. While I was in Tampa my sister Maria asked me what the most surprising thing in love has been. I told her it is the pure intimacy you share with your significant other. It is virtually impossible for me to get embarrassed in front of Philip. He's seen me at my very worst and at my most vulnerable.
Last night before going to bed, I was watching a movie on my laptop on netflix and he was reading one of his Harry Potter books (he's such a HUGE HP fan!) and our little dog Logan was sleeping between us and I just felt so happy. so safe. so content.
I thank God that Philip is part of my life. I'm a hopeless romantic, but I'll spare you the sappy details :) Instead I'll share some photos.

*I Love PW written in the sand at Clearwater Beach in Tampa
*Home to my husband after Tampa. I missed him so much!


The Way We Were circa 2002 at something to celebrate my high school graduation
To Today July 2010
A couple of photos along the way (in no particular order)

*yep, that's a home made Shawn Michaels tee :) We are about to go see a WWE Live Event :) I'll always be an HBK girl forever!










To My Dear and Loving Husband
 gif
Anne Bradstreet (1678)
clr gif

If ever two were one, then surely we.
If ever man were lov’d by wife, then thee.
If ever wife was happy in a man,
Compare with me, ye women, if you can.
I prize thy love more than whole Mines of gold
Or all the riches that the East doth hold.
My love is such that Rivers cannot quench,
Nor ought but love from thee give recompetence.
Thy love is such I can no way repay.
The heavens reward thee manifold, I pray.
Then while we live, in love let’s so persever
That when we live no more, we may live ever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment