LinkWithin

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday Secret

Twinkie and I are blessed to have the most amazing older seester Maria Luisa (there is six years between us). She took care of us growing up - baby sitting us, taking us trick-or-treating, hosting our birthday parties - from such a young age she loved to be the hostest and event planner. She taught us everything we needed to know about what it means to become a woman - from periods, to boys, to sex - there was nothing we couldn't ask her. Even now she still takes care of us. I have loved watching her become an amazing mother to my two beautiful nieces. I've loved watching her really fall in love for the first time with her husband Frank. I'm so thankful for the happiness in her life since he's been in it.

Luisa is such a born leader, strong, clever, beautiful, always fiercely independent. I have always admired that about her. Such the opposite of myself.
As my older sister, I've always seen Luisa as not just my sister, but as a mother, and definitely a best friend. She is all those important roles to me.

*Luisa at the bachelorette part Maddie threw for her :) July 2010
*Wedding Photo July 4,2010. L to R: Philip, Me, Chip, Micaela, Madeline, Miguel, Luisa, Frank and in front my darling nephew Mikey

Luisa has given me so much. So many precious memories from childhood to now. I wanted to share with you some of my favourite photos of some of those memories.

*Mr. & Mrs. Frank Maloney in an Irish pub in Tampa August 2010

*Us in Tampa Aug 2010 I look like her kid sister here don't I? Then again I am :)

*In front of Buckingham Palace - backpacking through London July 2006
*Piccadilly Circus. I'm soooo insanely happy here!! My favourite place in the entire world!

*On the London Eye - seeing Big Ben was a dream come true!
*Venice, Italy. This was the weekend after London and I remember despite being surrounded by all that history and beauty, I was missing London!
*Florence

I am so blessed and thankful for you Luisa. Thank you for everything and for always being there for me no matter if there is an ocean and thousands of miles that sepearte us. Our hearts are forever bounded!

0 comments:

Post a Comment