LinkWithin

Monday, January 31, 2011

The weekend started out with a bang...quite literally

You could say I sorta crashed into the weekend...as you can see...Leaving work on Friday high off a fun conversation with my Ezgi in London on IM (loooove our daily chats! I am constantly giggling the entire time!) and after a conversation with my awesome boss (a conversation I was nervous to have with him that turned out to be a piece of cake because he is so amazing that I'm not sure why I was scared in the first place because I should have known better! I can quite literally talk to him about anything, personal and professional - SO lucky!) I was giddy with excitement. I was beaming from ear to ear as I got into my car so that I could meet Maria at the lake for a run. Little did I know I was about to run my car into a freaking light pole in the parking lot!!!
Uuuuuuugh :( I felt like a prize idiot. I mean seriously?!?!?
The impact and the crunching sound was TERRIBLE! I was literally scared to look at the damage, it sounded so awful! So in a way I was a little, teeny bit relieved it didn't look near as bad as I thought it was going to. Although I'm still so upset about it. I called Micaela sobbing about it. Remember I just paid $600 before Christmas to get the fuel pump fixed. I'm afraid this is going to cost so much more :( Plus my pride was a little hurt, I mean come on embarrassing right?! Although it could have been way worse, I could have been hurt or I could have rammed into another car instead of a light pole lol still I'm bitter every time I see my red paint on the light pole!

And apparently I wasn't the only one with a lapse in driving judgement as you can see from my BFF's little fender bender here. Is that not crazy?! We are so in sync. I swear we both have the worst luck when it comes to our cars. I told her I was sorry I jinxed her because I told her how mad I was on Friday after it happened and then I got her text on Saturday! So ironic!

So Friday night I was sooooo bummed out that I went straight to bed to lay down when I got a blackberry message from sweet Faiza, another gal I just adore chatting to! And she had no idea, but she was exactly who I needed to talk to. She always, always cheers me up! Her positivity and happy outlook on life and every situation is so inspiring. I strive to be like her! She can take a crummy situation and see the lesson we can take from it. Serioulsy, just like that I was smiling again (her comment about giving my car a hug and sticking some Dora the Explorer band aids on the boo boo made me giggle!). So thanks to dear Faiza for cheering me up, I peeled myself out of bed, got dolled up and had a wonderful night out with my husband and his two best guy friends :)

The next day I woke up and you would have sworn it was spring time! The weather outside was absolutely goooorgeous! After Pump class I just had to get out of the stuffy gym and take advantage of the Texas sunshine. I went for the run I was looking forward to on Friday and before I knew it I had ran six miles around the lake and it felt soooo good! :) Afterwards I went to my parent's house and one of my good friends Craig came over. Craig was one of twinkie's and my best friends from college. Actually he's more like a brother to us and we always say how much of a likeness he has to my real brother Marco.

*Craig (not looking at the camera) and I at his nursing pin ceremony upon his graduation last May

He got a job about 4 hours away, but his girlfriend still lives here for school so he's in town from time to time. Craig loves my parents and my parents love him. When he lived here, my mom always invited him to come over and eat some yummy Philipino food (he's half Philipino just like me!) and when he couldn't go home to Houston for Thanksgiving in college - there was always a place for him at our table. He came over Saturday and Sunday and it was sooo good to spend time with him :) Sunday Funday at BWW (where else?) to watch the Pro Bowl after Philip got off work. Excuse my little lazy eye, not sure what's going on there haha

So even though the weekend started out horribly, as you can see it turned out to be a pretty wonderful one!

Monday wasn't too bad either. It's crazy because the weather was just gorgeous over the weekend and just like that it's gone. We are supposed to get some pretty severe winter weather coming our way later tonight. Two Christmas ago we got a pretty bad snow storm where we were snowed in for a couple days (you can read about it on Micaela's post from that time here).

*My nieces visiting from Italy playing in the snow Christmas 2009. Love these snow babies!

They say it's going to be just like that in the next two days. My boss let us go home an hour early today in case anyone needed to go to the grocery store etc. (Again, he's amazing!) So since I don't cook I went to 4:30 spin with my favourite instructor! I never get to go since I'm usually at work until 5 so that was a treat :) Walmart is right across the street from the gym so I watched the crazy busy parking lot as I cycled :) It was INSANE! You would have thought it was Christmas time again! Philip's mom was in town for a funeral (she lives two hours away) so before she headed back home we had dinner together at his sister's house. I love, love, love his family and was so glad to get to spend time with them tonight :)

*Me & my amazing mother in law, photo taken earlier this month

Cross your fingers for the winter storm to come. If the school district cancels school then we don't have to go to work tomorrow!! :) Or if they get delayed then we do too. So I'm kinda hoping for a free day tomorrow where I can catch up on blogs and watch netflix in my pjs all day! :) Lord knows I don't need to be on the roads if there is any ice on the ground - as you can plainly see from the damage I caused to my own car in beautiful weather :( ha

0 comments:

Post a Comment