LinkWithin

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Gaz!

Happy 40th Birthday to one of the great loves of my life....

Handsome isn't he? :) I first fell in love with Gary Barlow as a girl lusting over the British boy band Take That.
Micaela and I were HUGE fans and would watch our VHS tapes over and over. Their posters adorned our bedroom walls. We swooned over Gary and Robbie with our girlfriends who loved Mark and Howard best! In fact, that's how I got my nickname Marz - a childhood best friend began calling me Marz so it could be similar to Gary's nickname "Gaz" and the name just stuck :) It's amazing how listening to a Take That song instantly takes me back to childhood. They're such an important part of the soundtrack of my life.

In honor of his birthday I've been listening to his songs all day on my computer while I work :) Yesterday he co-hosted BBC Radio 2 Chris Evans Breakfast show and although I couldn't listen to it in real time (dang that time difference! And why oh why am I on the wrong continent!?!) I was able to listen to the program in it's entirety online while I worked yesterday :) Have I mentioned lately how much I love that British accent?!?
The sexy birthday boy over the years.
40 suits him well don't you think? ;) He just gets better and better with age.

Gaz,
You will always be my dream man! I will forever love you and your beautiful music.
Your biggest fan,
Marz xoxo

Who was your Gary Barlow - which singer/band did you absolutely adore growing up?

0 comments:

Post a Comment