LinkWithin

Friday, May 20, 2011

RIP Macho Man Randy Savage

My heart breaks for the loss of one of the greatest wrestlers of all time....
RIP "Macho Man" Randy Savage
via
When my sister's boyfriend Matt broke the news to me I was just in shock. I still am. He's a superhero. Superhero's don't die. Anybody who knows me knows how big wrestling has played a part in my life. Since I was a little girl I was taken in by the magic of wrestling - the pure excitement, dramatic story lines, theatrics, athletic ability - at one point it was all "real" to me. Micaela and I truly believed what was going on in that ring was actually happening. We believed in our heros. Loved them unconditionally. Her great love is Bret "The Hitman" Hart. Mine has and will forever be Shawn "The Heartbreak Kid" Michaels. They were larger than life. And now one of the greatest is gone. It's a sad, sad day for wrestling fans all over the world. My heart breaks and I could not stop the tears from coming when I heard the news.

So this post is to celebrate my love for wrestling. Today I remember one of many great matches the Macho Man gave us in his amazing career:







Look at what a baby face my man HBK had way back when :) I love the Boy Toy era :)

It's so crazy because I've been reading Hulk Hogan's bio that I got last weekend:
You can hardly think about Hogan without thinking of the Macho Man. I was telling a friend about how the Hulkster made wrestling mainstream. He added that it was Randy Savage that also did that and I agreed wholeheartedly. Then this past Wednesday I was watching one of my Shawn Michaels DVDs just because I felt in the mood to watch my man. I was telling my mom how anytime I feel sad or stressed all I have to do is pop in one of my HBK DVDs and instantly my mood is lifted. 

It's like a rush of de ja vu whenever I watch them. I'm taken back to childhood. Taken back to a happy time when I am watching it with my twinkie  in our room in Germany (walls covered with posters of Bret and HBK!) and life was so simple. Crazy how I can feel today exactly what I felt watching it the first time all those years ago.

Here's a couple of photos to share my love of wrestling with you:

*This was taken after I saw HBK wrestle for the first time. That is one of the key moments in my life. I'll never forget exactly what I felt after seeing him live. The moment I heard his entrance music start playing...I lost it! :) 
*Micaela and I at one of many wrestling events. Notice her Bret "The Hitman" Hart shirt :) 
*Before a wrestling event in a shirt I had made and my HBK stand up :) 
*Then I got another one, because how can you just have ONE HBK stand up?? :) 

*One of my oldest friends Barbara and me in OKC after a wrestling event

I even got to meet some of the wrestlers at a Hooters in Bricktown after a wrestling ppv in OKC. One of the best nights of my life :) 
 *My shirt said "I love Shawn Michaels" and all of them were making fun of me calling him an old man etc. and why weren't their names on my shirt instead. Their cell phones were on the table and I kept thinking "man oh man...they have to have HBK's phone number!!!" haha :) At one point I shared Randy Orton's chair!!! Can you believe that?!?! :) Greatest.night.ever!!!!!
 *oh sexy Randy Orton!!! :) My knees were literally shaking standing next to him. It was amazing! 

I'm thankful for the "Macho Man" Randy Savage who paved the way for wrestlers like Shawn "The Hearbreak Kid" Michaels. I can't imagine my life without the fun and enjoyment wrestling has given me.


*There is comfort that as Micaela pointed out - he will be reunited with Miss Elizabeth again in heaven :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment