LinkWithin

Monday, May 16, 2011

How I Celebrated the Weekend

There's nothing better than a good time with your girlfriends. I was blessed with a lot of that last week. From sweating next to Yarei & Maria at the gym to dinner dates, I love being in the company of some of my favourite gals.
Last Wednesday, Jillian, Yarei, me, Ashliegh (and baby Chase in her belly :) and Erin met up for dinner.  It's like Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon: Erin is one of my best friends and she introduced me to Ashleigh. Ashleigh went to High School with Jillian who I met through Micaela (they use to be roommates in college). Yarei knows Jillian because we went to college with Jillian's sister and that's how we all became friends :) It was so nice to meet up in the middle of the week and catch up.
Had to sneak in a little NBA Championship watching. The Boston Celtics were playing the Heat in the last game of their season (I have a crush on Paul Pierce).

Erin has been in Dallas for the past month and I've really missed her. I was glad to spend a lot of time with her this past week. 
Out on Friday night

Saturday morning I did something I just never (well hardly ever) do - I skipped my date with gym. But I skipped it for a date with my mom so it was worth it :) We went to a community wide garage sale on the Air Force base. I walked a way with a couple of goodies including these:
Karina - I thought about you and your crush on Hulk Hogan growing up :) I wasn't a huge Hogan fan, but I respect him. He put wrestling on the map and made it cool, made it mainstream and for that I'm thankful :) Don't you love my new London Beer mug? Cheers mate!!! 

Later that day I enjoyed the beautiful cool day at the annual Cajun Fest downtown. 
It was good food (I had cajun spiced catfish (was not brave enough to try the gator) and spicy corn on the cob and potatoes!) and good live music! We had such an amazing time!!! The night didn't even end there. Two more bar stops before I got home that night that by the time I hit the bed I was out! :)

I was so exhausted from all the fun I had Fri and Sat that I ended up sleeping in until after NOON on Sunday. I hardly do that either. And I really hate missing church :( But I guess my body just needed to recover. And it was so nice to sleep in with Philip. We never get to do that. There's something so nice about sleeping until you want to and not waking up to an alarm. 

As soon as I woke up I got dressed for my back-to-back movie date with Ashleigh. As you can tell from the pictures, she is very pregnant - like 9 months pregnant :) She's due to have her first baby this upcoming Friday, but the doctor told her she could have him any day now. All weekend long she was hoping she was going to get to meet her little boy, but he wanted to stay in just a little bit longer. She's so ready to have him that to sit at home is torture for her. She needed to occupy her mind. And I'm glad she decided to do that with me.  I'm thankful for all the time we got to spend together before baby Chase comes along :) 

We went and saw

COMPLETELY hilarious!!! :) I don't watch SNL so I never knew exactly how funny Kristen Wiig was :) But I did know how beautiful I always thought Rose Byrne was:

Followed by

I couldn't wait to see this one because twinkie had loved it and told me I needed to see it asap. Micaela is in loooooooove with Colin Egglesfield who is a delicious!!!!! And we both love Ginnifer Goodwin 
How cute is her short hair? I love short hair!

I absolutely LOVED this movie. Unpredictable. Real. And shot in NYC :) I love seeing movies in the city now that I know where everything is :) Shake Shack - Karina's & my place - wouldn't have meant anything to me had I seen it in the movie prior to going to NYC.

But seeing it in the movie now made me miss my sweet Kary and Miguelito so much!!!! I wish we could just meet there for lunch any time we wanted to my sweet sister! xo

In between everything going on this weekend I managed to squeeze in some Grey's Anatomy. I'm so far behind (like two seasons behind) that I'm finally catching up on season 6 on netflix. 

I cannot stop watching. It's addicting. Every single time I watch I get sucked in to the drama at Seattle Grace. I say one more episode after one is through. And every single time I end up crying (if you watch the show you know why, it pulls at your heartstrings!). Such a good show!

What did you do this weekend? xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment