LinkWithin

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Wishing it was Thanksgiving still...

It's Sunday night and I'm feeling a little depressed. I'm missing my family and dreading going back to the daily grind tomorrow after being off work since Tuesday. All day today I helped move my sister Maddie out of her third story apartment and am exhausted. So for now I just wanted to say we had the most AMAZING Thanksgiving holiday!! :) We truly have SO much to be thankful for! I can't wait to share more soon :)
This postsecret a couple weeks ago says exactly how I'm feeling right now. I miss my dear twinkie more than anything. I just received a text message from her and they are about an hour away from home (they are currently driving from Texas to Virginia and the two day road trip back home is nearly finished! Thank you for all the prayers for their safe travels, please continue to pray for them on this last stretch of their journey!)

I'm about to FINALLY watch "Eat, Pray, Love" (can you believe I've held out this long Shelly?!?) with my mom and Maddie and I wish Micaela could just pop over and watch with us. I hate this distance. But this goodbye was slightly (and only very slightly) easier as it usually is only because of the happy circumstances! :) Although, it's ALWAYS hard :( And saying bye to my brother Marco, his beautiful girlfriend Christina (beautiful inside and out!) and her adorable daughter Briana at the airport last night was also slightly easier only because I know he's only going home and not to Iraq like other times we've parted. And because I know he has a wonderful woman to care for him :)

So all is right in the world!! Although it's quieter and feels a little lonely, I am SO happy & content after such a beautiful and special week. Micaela & I will catch everyone up soon! :) I hope you all had an equally amazing holiday. I can't wait to read all about yours! I have missed all your blogs during this crazy busy week and can't wait to catch up on your lives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment